Support for Baby Cotter

On July 2, 2017, Baby Cotter's mom, Katelyn, was excited for the long holiday weekend. As she was gathering laundry, she made sure that Cotter was occupied with his toys and she turned her back for a few seconds. In that short time, one year old Baby Cotter mistook a laundry pod for a treat and ingested it. Katelyn rushed him to Childrens Hospital and was immediately taken to the OR to evaluate his airway, esophagus, and stomach for damage. He is now sedated, on a ventilator, and a feeding tube.

Katelyn will be by Cotter's side until he is 100% recovered. The family will incur medical bills and other expenses for the duration of his hospital stay and follow ups. Katelyn is the sole provider for her family and will lose income from her job while she is out of work.

Katelyn is pleading with all parents and relatives of small children NOT to use these laundry pods. The convenience is not worth the risk. No matter how careful and attentive you are, all it takes is one small distraction for one short second for someone's entire world to be turned upside down.

Please keep Katelyn, Cotter, and the rest of her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Donations

 See top
  • Melissa Kelley 
    • $10 
    • 43 mos
  • Sean and Debbie Cotter 
    • $200 
    • 43 mos
  • Ann Doughty 
    • $20 
    • 43 mos
  • Donna Yabroudy 
    • $100 
    • 43 mos
  • Adele Lamond 
    • $50 
    • 43 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Rana Duff 
Organizer
Swansea, MA
Katelyn Cunha 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more