Please join us in making a huge difference for an incredible group of students. We're raising money to benefit the journalism program at Mountlake Terrace (Washington) High School and the students who produce The Hawkeye newspaper/website, The Tempo yearbook, the Esoteros literary magazine, and the HBN live-streaming/broadcast programs.
Any donation will help make a positive impact.
Frankly, ever since schools closed due to COVID in 2020, these student journalists have had an incredibly difficult time raising money through ad sales, underwriting and fundraisers. If you would like an ad or other type of acknowledgement for your donation, please let us know!
Thanks in advance for your contribution to this cause that means so much to me. The journalism program and its publications/productions have been among the best in the country since they were founded in 1960. We want to keep this tradition alive and well!
Specifically, your donation will help fund
- the printing of The Hawkeye newspaper, which costs ≈$1,000/issue to produce (8 to 10 issues/year)
- the printing of The Tempo yearbook, which costs ≈$35,000/year to produce
- the printing of The Esoteros literary magazine, which costs ≈$1250/year to produce
- the upkeep and upgrades to our technology, including DSLR cameras, live-streaming equipment, computers, etc.
- assisting all print and broadcast students so that they can afford to attend local, state and national journalism conventions
- supporting other related activities, such as our Journalist-in-Residence program, the all staff mid-year retreat, annual leadership retreats, and attendance at summer journalism camps
PLEASE NOTE: We're running this GoFundMe campaign through the Mountlake Terrace High School Boosters – our incredible parent/alumni non-profit group that exists to promote the education and welfare of all MTHS students. Therefore, your donation is almost certainly tax-deductible.
- Vince DeMiero, journalism instructor/adviser
- Angelo Comeaux, broadcast/photography instructor/adviser
- Christina Lewis, journalism co-adviser
- Carrie Lee, liaison from the journalism program to the MTHS Boosters