Hello Friends and Family;
Our wonderful sister and true friend Amanda has had a rather unfortunate turn of events. Amanda has had a rather serious car accident while driving on I-95 near Richmond, VA the evening of Friday June 28. A car ran out of gas, and instead of moving to the shoulder they stayed in the right hand lane with their hazards on. Sadly, they were around a curve and it did not allow Amanda enough time to react, and there was a collision.
She is currently in serious but stable condition, and is being well cared for in the ICU. However, her list of injuries is extensive:
- On Right Side, ribs 5-9 are fractured
- On Left Side, ribs 3-8 are fractured
- Both of her lungs have bruising
- Small Laceration on her liver
- Internal bruising and bleeding in the abdomen
- On Right Arm, both radius and ulna are broken
- On Right Leg, femur suffered a complex fracture, and most bones in ankle are broken and has been set with a fixator (see Picture Below
- On Left Leg, kneecap is broken, large laceration
- And the last, scariest piece; Amanda suffered a subdural hematoma; which is a fancy name for bleeding in the brain.
Fortunately she has been both conscious and lucid, so there appears to be no long term damage but only time will tell at this stage.
Her family is fortunate enough to be by her side and have some support from the VCU hospital, but travel costs are piling up. Additionally, Amanda will be out of work for several months, but only eligible for disability if her injuries keep her out of work for a year or more.
This is where you come in dear friends. Normally we would not ask for support, but at this time it is imperative that Amanda's family be able to stay with her and that we start marshaling resources for her undoubtedly lengthy recovery.
If you can spare anything, even a dollar, to help support Amanda and our family during this time it would be truly and greatly appreciated. I know that Amanda has undoubtedly touched many of our lives in such wonderful ways, and now it is our turn to provide the love and support she needs to heal.
With Gratitude And Thanks,
The Green / Whitlow Family
DonationsSee top donations
- Nicole Grew
- Mike Stevens
- Rachel DePalma
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more