Make sure to check the rewards at the end.
Hi everyone. I'm Ahmed Aly, the owner and creator of A2 Online Judge (www.a2oj.com
, but it's down now), and I will always be a competitive programmer who is willing to help our community.
A2 Online Judge has been helping thousands of students and competitive programmers to practice and prepare for programming contests.
With over 45,000 registered users, the load is very heavy now for an old server, and appearntly it can't handle it to stay stable anymore. Here is how the website was hosted the last several years (in my garage):
It doesn't make sense to keep trying to make it alive on that server, and I think it's time to move to the cloud.
I'm launchaing this campaign to collect what it needs to be hosted on AWS for the next 3 years at least, that will be around $1,000 for each year.
I'm not taking any money for myself, every penny that will be donated during this campaign will be spent to keep the website alive in the future. What I'll donate will be my time to keep it working.
If I get more than what I need right now, the remaining money will be saved to be used to improve the website later, by extending the AWS period or getting better instance(s).I'm providing some rewards based on how much you donate as a thank you from me, here are the rewards:
1. $0.01 or more: You will get a thank email from me.
2. $5 or more, the above plus: Your profile in my website will get a supporter badge.
3. $10 or more, all the above plus: Your name will be listed on the website's supporters page.
4. $25 or more, all the above plus: You will get an electronic copy of a thank you certificate signed by me.
5. $50 or more, all the above plus: You will not see ads on the website for 3 years (except for sponsors ads, check the reward number 9).
6. $100 or more, all the above plus: I will call you personally to thank you and I can spend up to an hour to answer any questions you have.
7. $200 or more, all the above plus: You get to choose a feature which you want to be added to the website, and I'll do it if it's not a huge feature.
Thank you in advance for your support,