"Superheroes for Kye"

  Please remember this young lady is 22 years old and her son is 3 years old.  This is a lot to take on at any age! Prayers for this family are deeply appreciated.
These dontations will go toward expenses for Rhea-Lynn, and family memebers to be able to stay close to the hospital with Kye, as well as for food, car and travel expenses,  and basically anything that is needed to get through this life changing situation. Rhea-lynn will not be able to work for an undertermined amount of time so that she can care for Kye.
The following are Rhea-Lynns words:
This weekend has been quite a trial for my little family. When we went to the hospital 2 weeks ago(7/17-18), it was for constipation. He also had other symptoms that we were trying to find a cause for. Blood test after blood test after so many different types of imaging on my baby's body and we couldn't figure it out. He ran a fever for more than 2 weeks straight which really bothered me. He was having severe leg pain every day as well to the point he wasn't very active anymore. When I called his doctor back Friday (7/28) she did the best thing she could do as a physician for him, she sent us to somewhere who had specialists who could look at the irregularities in Kye's blood to help determine the cause of his pain. Saturday, as we were placed on the Hematology and Oncology floor, I considered for the first time something no mom wants to see their babies deal with. Cancer. On July 31st 2017, we did a biopsy of his bone marrow and confirmed that Kye has Leukemia. Right now he has B Cell ALL and he is in the average risk group for recurrence after remission.
*If you would like to read about it please go to these sites for information (blindly Googling will not make you feel better)

Today, he has his first dose of chemo therapy along with two other procedures. We will be in the hospital until next Tuesday/Wednesday doing chemo. After that, we have to stay within a 20 mile radius of the hospital so we won't be able to leave Ft Worth for the next month. His treatment will continue for the next 3.5 years.

After today, his immune system is compromised and will continue to be until he's better due to the Chemo. Visitors are welcome at Cooks after today. I just ask that if you've been sick, coughing, or running a fever, you wait until you've had antibiotics in your system, and no fever for at least 48 hours before coming to see him.

I can honestly say he is in the best hands here at Cooks in Ft Worth. As soon as they started asking blood related questions Kye's new doctor jumped into the middle of his case and is holding strong. Kye has the Director of Oncology, who is also a Hematologist, as his doctor. He said that it was such a strange case blood wise that he wanted to be the person deciding Kye's course of treatment.
  • Sandy Couch Hanson 
    • $100 
    • 34 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 42 mos
  • Todd & Rhonda Bagby 
    • $50 
    • 60 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 61 mos
  • Britt Inman & Lisa Anderson  
    • $50 
    • 61 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Gia Rose 
Elkhart, TX
Rhea-Lynn Price