Summit family burned out of their home

Summit family burned out of their home on the day after Christmas.

Last night, the day after Christmas, the Ramirez family, who live on Weaver Street was burned out of their home and lost everything they own. The fire consumed their two - family home and has left them homeless. 

Martha and Pedro Ramirez have lived in Summit for 40 years and are parishioners of St. Teresa’s of Avila Catholic church in town.  Pedro is a graduate of Summit High School.  Michael and Samantha Uribe, their nephew and niece were also living in the home and find themselves homeless as well.

Martha, pictured with Mayor Radest and Brett Haire above works for Allstate Insurance and the Center Court Club in Chatham.  Pedro suffered a brain aneurysm a few years ago and is unable to work.

This same family suffered another tragedy two years ago with the loss of their 29 - year old niece, Tiffany Uribe.

The Ramirez family has lost everything.  For those of you who can help, please consider joining with the Other Fellow First Foundation ( and Mayor Nora Radest in trying to help this Summit family.


The Ramirez family and the Other Fellow First Foundation are overwhelmed by the community’s extremely generous support.  A portion of the proceeds raised will be shared with the impacted tenants from the contiguous unit.

Thank you,

Brett Haire


 See top
  • Anthony Santiago 
    • $10 
    • 12 mos
  • Chris Soulios 
    • $150 
    • 14 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 15 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 15 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 15 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Other Fellow First Foundation 
Summit, NJ
Martha Ramirez 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more