Summer Urban Farming Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- Your donation will provide scholarships for the Annual Summer Urban Farming Camp for disadvantaged youth.
- In 2022, we served about 40 youth for one day to 5 weeks, depending on their preferences. Youth planted seeds, harvested, weeded, sheet mulched the pathways with cardboard and mulch, grew new plants in the greenhouse and took home vegetables to their families.
- Camp takes place in-person at our CoCo San Sustainable Farm, a 15-acre charity farm in Martinez, CA that uses regenerative and sustainable practices to grow and donate produce to the food bank and schools to feed families in need (Over 100,000 pounds donated so far!).
- Experienced urban farmers and volunteers, teach hands-on organic urban farming methods the importance of beneficial insects such as bees and butterflies and growing habitat for these insects.
- Teens learn about ecology, agriculture, and biology (STEM) up-close on an urban farm that uses organic methods!
- We recruit teens through referrals from agencies, local schools and non-profits and through word-of-mouth from community leaders.
- Youth take fresh veggies home to their families. We will donate the rest of the produce to charity.
- Camp participants can choose to attend for 1 to 5 weeks.
Please help support this incredible chance for young people with limited opportunities to get their hands dirty learning science up close, as well as gain valuable and transferable job skills.
Please donate today, so teens and families can make their summer plans!
Carolyn Phinney, President of AgLantis (501c3)
DonationsSee top donations
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.