Faatemah Ampey's salon, The Suitespot, made it through COVID19 only to be met with riots in the streets of Minneapolis. She shared the devastation on the block where she owns a salon as a single mother who is a POC.
Each night as the riots rage on, the salon is vandalized. Faatemah comforts her children while helicopters fly overhead and the National Guard marches through the streets. She spends the mornings with her neighbors cleaning up glass and painting over graffiti. As a small business owner, she barely made it through the pandemic only to be met with violence in the street.
Help provide Faatemah with the support she needs to move forward, reopen her salon and dream, while helping her community. We would like to raise a minimum of $10k, but would love to do much, much more!
Watch Here as Faatemah recounts the current situation.
1. Who you are and where you’re from
-Erin & Annie of The Hair Nerds, Spokane, Washington. Learn More about us at https://www.thehairnerds.com/thehairnerds
2. Your relationship or contact to the parties you're raising funds for
-We first met Faatemah in January, 2012 at ISSE in Long Beach, CA. We have interviewed her and supported her since. We are extremely proud of her success and can not sit back and watch idly as a beacon in our industry is destroyed by recent events. So, this is us doing our part.
3. How the funds will be spent (be as specific as possible)
- The funds will be spent as Faatemah deems necessary to rebuild her business and community from the financial and physical devastation caused by the rioting and looting in the wake of the brutal murder of George Floyd by the knee and hands of the Minneapolis Police Department. This devastation only exacerbated the strain that was put on the business by COVID-19.
4. Your withdrawal plan to get the funds from the campaign to the person that they're intended for
- We have made Faatemah the beneficiary of this campaign.
- Elsa Scheie
- Kayla Kjetland
- Gaurav Law