My name is Enock Seth Nyamador, I love maps and Open Source. I have been contributing and teaching about OpenStreetMap and Free and Open Source Software in Ghana and beyond. I call myself an Open Source Evangelist.
I am privileged to have been selected to read the MSc. Cartography program but unfortunately, I was not selected for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. (http://cartographymaster.eu/
I am using this campaign to enable me raise enough funds to join this program which offers courses inline with my professional career development and public service. This fund will be used for Tuition, Food, Accommodation, Insurance and Travels. Below is some information about me and my works:
I got introduced to Open Source when I started writing for unixmen.com prior to starting my Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, which have taught me a lot. I learned about GIS and Remote Sensing by myself which I have happily passed onto several colleagues and individuals and always available to share and help anytime. As part of my journey through the world of OpenStreetMap and Open Source I have served and supported many community development and capacity building initiatives. Below are some of them:
• I started OpenStreetMap Ghana community, UMaT YouthMappers and supported UCC YouthMappers (one of the very active chapters in the world) not forgetting YouthMappers in University of Ghana. I am very proud of impacting my knowledge starting from Day 1.
• I am an active member and volunteer of the Wikimedia Ghana User Group , training and contributing to Wikipedia and its sister projects such as WikiData and Wikimedia Commons
• I was part of the team that brought the epic FOSS4G to the Africa continent in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in 2018. I led the social media presence and supported volunteers coordination.
• I am a volunteer team member of Ghana Volunteer Program promoting and encouraging volunteerism in Ghana. We lead the annual National Volunteer Day .
• I have trained mappers and also mapped the public transport network of Accra into OpenStreetMap (AccraMobile3)
• I am a volunteer and voting member at Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
• As part of my national service at Accra Metro, I have supported the Transport and Resilient Departments with staff capacity building in GIS and with map productions as well
• I facilitated a full day OpenStreetMap and participatory mapping session during the Africa Open Data Conference in Accra
• I am an active member of Linux Accra Users Group which supports and introduces persons to GNU/Linux operating systems and Free and Open Source Software.
• I am one of the founding brains behind of OpenStreetMap Africa and State of the Map Africa
Thank you very much for your support.
Image Sources: Wikimedia Commons and FOSS4G 2018