Steve Welty's house burned down on Tuesday morning. He sent this email...
You may have heard about the two homes involved in a fire on Tuesday morning. One of them was ours. The house next to us, which was vacant caught on fire and it burned to the ground. Unfortunately, our house was also involved and while the structure still stands, the first and second floors will have to be gutted and the basement may be partially salvageable. We watched our house burn from around 0230 to about 0530. We are fine and feel blessed to be alive and well and while we feel a bit devastated it is just a house after all. While I have only been here a year my wife and I already feel close to our academic family here in Puget Sound and I look forward to getting back to work with all of you on behalf of our patients and their families. We are fine and we will keep you posted.
If you would like to support Steve and his family at this time of stress/distress, please send in a donation.
From the Division of Neonatology
DonationsSee top donations
- Regine Fortunov
- Thomas Hansen
- Christopher Rhee
- Laura Boyce
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more