Hi, I'm Stefanie. And l am looking to take on the world's longest and toughest horse race in 2022, known as the Mongol Derby. Of over the hundreds of applicants who applied, only 40 athletes from across the globe have been selected to compete and only half will finish. I hope to be in that half!
Why would I sign-up to do such a crazy adventure, you might ask?
Well, as cliché as it might sound, this race is my life's Mount Everest. A challenge so insane, so huge, so gruelling that it will take all of me to get to that finish line. This is no pony ride, no luxury vacation but a true adventure to test an individual's limits both mentally and physically. And what better time to do such a challenge then during one's 30th birthday!
So saddle up; it's going to be one wild ride!
Right To Play
I will be riding the 2022 Mongol Derby in support of Right to Play (RTP). RTP is an international non-profit organisation that empowers vulnerable children to overcome the effects of war, poverty, and disease around the world through play.
Founded in 2000 by Johann Olav Koss, RTP works with schools and community-based organisations, training teachers and coaches in its innovative play-based learning methodology and holding play days and sports tournaments geared towards building children's life skills.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, the organisation delivers programs in 15 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and has national offices in Canada, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Help Stefanie get to the 2022 Mongol Derby while at the same time supporting Right to Play initiatives. All funds raised will be split evenly between the two with the aim to raise 15,000 CHF in total (with 7,500 CHF being donated to each).
- Any Donation: Regular newsletter updates on Stefanie's Mighty Mongolian Adventure and her undying gratitude
- 50 CHF & Up: Above, plus a handwritten postcard from Mongolia
- 100 CHF & Up: Above, plus a very special Mongolian treasure, a shout out on Instagram and your name being added to the wall of gratitude on the website
- 200 CHF & Up: Above, plus the ability to name one of the 25 Mongolian horses to be ridden in the race. You will also receive a photo of this horse and a dedicated Instagram post about that leg of the race.
- 300 CHF & Up: Above, plus a commemorative photo book and t-shirt.
In-Kind Donations are also accepted!
Please spread the word and follow my social media accounts to help connect me with possible sponsorship, media exposure, riding/training or fundraising opportunities. I am also available for paid help in support of the Mongol Derby, offering affordable riding lessons/horse training or assistance with chores and errands. Every little bit helps! :-)
Corporate sponsorships are available as well. Please click here
for further information.