Faced with evidence and multiple witnesses, Tooker immediately divested his shares and left the company. Geren and Mor admitted they did not act, when they knew of Tooker’s behavior. They publicly apologized, and announced that they too would leave the company. They retired Four Barrel’s entire brand. And they announced a plan to relinquish their shares in the business to their employees.
This is the power of talking shit. This is the power of starting drama. In support of these eight women, #coffeetoo is fundraising to continue this work.
Discrimination and sexual harassment in the coffee industry must end. We seek to empower U.S. coffee workers with education and resources. Every coffee pro needs to know:
1. Our legal rights in and out of the workplace
2. Our recourse should our rights be violated
3. How to take care of ourselves if we are put through unwanted or traumatic situations.
We're here to talk shit and start drama against sexual predators and unsafe work environments. Please donate to help us fund new resources for our community.
#coffeetoo is a 100% volunteer-run non-profit project founded by Molly Flynn in October, 2017. No volunteers or leaders receive any compensation for our work. I, Ashley Rodriguez, have created this page to assist #coffeetoo's fundraising efforts, as a volunteer and as the co-host of Boss Barista. All donations will go toward fulfilling #coffeetoo's goals:
1) To host a series of local and national events educating the coffee community on these crucial topics. Our hope is to host three core events, plus "Satellite Events" all over the country that will screen our largest event live in local coffee business. Funds will cover space rental, transportation, and food and drinks. We aim to make these events as accessible as possible for our community members with disabilities/different abilities and are prioritizing making these queer, POC, and trans friendly spaces.
2) Produce an educational packet on worker's rights in layperson's terms, including state-specific rights and laws. The packet will be available in paper and digital form for free for as long as we have the resources to do so
3). Establish #coffeetoo as a non-profit organization, which may expand the reach of what we can do with donated funds to further support and protect those who have been discriminated against and/or harassed. As issues come up and needs are assessed, we will allocate funds to groups that need support, like to supplement wages to workers who have been harassed or affected by harassment, for example. We will attempt to be as transparent and open with our donors as possible.
Please donate what you can and what feels right. For donations above $10, we’re offering this three-pack of pins (“Talk Shit”, “Start Drama”, and “#coffeetoo”).
QUICK STEPS TO GET THE PINS:
1. Donate $10+
2. Take a screenshot of your donation
3. Email [email redacted] with a screenshot of your donation and your address
4. Get a 3-pack of pins in the mail
Let’s talk some shit.
DonationsSee top donations
- Matt Greenfield
- Michelle laMeres
- Karla Quinones
- Caleb Skytte
- Caryn Nelson
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more