On Sunday April 7th, Stalzy’s Deli experienced a fire caused by the spontaneous combustion of kitchen rags. Fortunately, we were closed and no one was harmed. The Madison Fire Department was incredibly swift in responding to the call and extinguishing the fire. However, by the time the fire was reported, a considerable amount of damage had already impacted our kitchen, with smoke and soot damage affecting the rest of the building.
Stalzy’s has been a part of the Schenk Atwood neighborhood since 2011. From day one, the deli has been our lives. It would be rare to not see one of us behind the counter taking your order, or in the kitchen preparing your lunch. When we began working on our business plan, we quickly determined that our business would be built on the foundations of hard work, high quality products, honest and uncompromising business practices, and developing a strong relationship with those in our community. We are incredibly proud to say that we have remained true to those foundations, and we wouldn’t change a single thing.
The outpouring of support we have received over the course of the last few days has been incredible, and has been instrumental in keeping us positive during these trying times. We can’t begin to tell you how thankful we are to have so many amazing people in our lives.
One thing we can say for sure is that Stalzy’s will be back, and stronger than ever before. However, this recovery process is going to take some time, and a considerable amount of resources. Unfortunately, Some of these expenses are not going to be covered by our insurance. We are asking for your help to move through this process as efficiently as possible. We can assure you that every cent donated will be used to pay for restoration, inventory and equipment purchases, and retaining and compensating our amazing employees as they continue to be an integral part of this rebuild.