We are a Minnesota based 501(c)(3) non-profit formed in 2021 by a stage 4C Medullary Thyroid Cancer patient, Thomas Drayton.
There are no treatments available to help extend Thomas' life; he cannot be cured.
Your donation is tax deductable and will be used to support a great cause!
We focus our support on Minnesota Thyroid Cancer patients and caregivers. Our intent is to connect online as well as in person, especially at a yearly family-friendly bike ride at Elm Creek Park in Champlin, MN. Ongoing exposure for the organization will be created by Thomas starting his plan to ride across every state in the country.
We have no paid employees, all individuals perform their duties for the organization on a voluntary basis.
The main objectives of the organization are:
1) Increase awareness of Thyroid Cancer and the need for yearly preventative health care. Early detection is critical in thyroid cancer care and is indicative of a more positive outcome.
Women are diagnosed three times more often than men because they are more likely to have established relationships with healthcare providers.
Men die at the same rate as women from Thyroid Cancer, as they are often diagnosed at a later stage of the disease.
2) Directly assist patients that struggle with medical bills from Thyroid Cancer care. We will provide up to $500 by direclty paying medical bills on behalf of Thyroid Cancer patients.
3) Thomas has Medullary Thyroid Cancer which has few available treatments and limited research. We will provide grants to encourage MTC research for new and cutting edge therapies.
As an MTC patient, it is disheartening to be told there are no treatment options and all you can do is “watch and wait.”
It feels like being told you are waiting to die.
4) Build an annual family-friendly ride day at Elm Creek Park in Champlin MN. Getting corporate sponsors (the goal is for many Minnesota-based companies) for the event will help bring out more participants and increase awareness of our organization.
5) Support Thomas in his multi-year endeavor to ride his bike across every state in the USA. Inspiration for this comes from Terry Fox in the early 80’s in Canada. Terry wanted to run across Canada to raise awareness for his cancer and died before he made it half way but his legacy remains strong four decades later.
6) Promote healthy lifestyle choices such as diet and exercise.
Through the use of YouTube, social media, print and other communication formats we will promote making healthy food and exercise choices, especially reinforcing cycling as a low-impact form of excercise that’s accessible to many people.
2022 Goals and Objectives:
Establish an ongoing relationship with a local bike shop and a bike manufacturer.
Increase the number of attendees at the September family ride.
Ride across 5 different US States.
Create the process to assist Thyroid Cancer patients with their medical bills.
Increase the reach of social media and expand the website.
Receive internet, TV, print and radio exposure for the organization.
If I can prevent one person from being diagnosed at stage 4 like me, then everything I'm going through will be worth it.
Get a yearly physical, don't be like me!