Dear SRHM Friends and SRHR Community,
We would like to ask for your support.
It is a critical time for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). The recent Supreme Court decision in the United States was shocking, but at the same time we know that abortion is still illegal or unobtainable in dozens of other countries. All around the world, women's bodies are a battleground. From Russia to Zimbabwe, LGBTIQ+ activists risk assault, death, or imprisonment every day while they fight to ensure all human beings may live openly without discrimination and enjoy the rights that others take for granted.
For 30 years, SRHM has promoted sexual and reproductive health and rights globally.
SRHM has never been more needed to help drive evidence into action as we all work towards a world in which sexual and reproductive health and rights are recognized as fundamental human rights and matters of social justice.
Right now, we are finalizing an exciting new strategic plan for the next 5 years.
This plan will allow us to:
- Be a trusted independent SRHR knowledge space for researchers, activists, community members, policymakers and service providers all around the world.
- Empower all SRHR activists with new evidence-based strategies and support the growth and harmonisation of the global SRHR movement.
- Use evidence- and rights-based knowledge to develop more effective counternarratives to disinformation influencing government policies and actions all over the world.
- Open dialogues and broker conversations that lead to action and change internationally and locally.
- Showcase what rights-based sexual and reproductive health service provision looks like to ensure that all, including marginalized communities, have greater access to services that are not discriminatory and respect choice.
We believe we have a powerful vision for the next 5 years and we are exploring new funding partnerships to help us realize this vision.
It will take us at least 6 months to raise the resources needed to make this new plan a reality. We need to raise £25,000 immediately and £100,000 in the next few months to keep us going while we do just that. Without these resources, we are at risk of losing momentum at a critical time in the history of SRHM and the global sexual and reproductive health movement.
We are asking those who know SRHM best for their financial support right now.
If you can give 50, 100, 250, 500, 1,000 or more right now, we would be incredibly grateful for your support. We are hoping that your contribution will be multiplied within a year.
Please help us with a donation TODAY and share this email with others who could support SRHM.
We greatly appreciate your help.
With very best regards and solidarity,
Eszter Kismődi and Jane Cottingham
SRHM Chief Executive - SRHM Chair of the Board of Trustees