Sporas, from diasporas, is a collective of cinematographers and film technicians dedicated to supporting and uplifting film workers of color around the world. We understand ourselves as cultural historians and agitators for change. We bring the politics of our personal experiences and collective lives into the making of images.
Our aim is to revolutionize the industry and ensure it reflects and supports cultural, racial, and intersectional diversity. To that end, we are enlisting film companies, agencies, and brands to support our efforts and commit to structural change in their hiring, financing, and producing practices.
What We Aim To Do:
- Create and maintain an online conversation forum for members
- Produce and maintain a robust hiring database of members aimed at increasing the diversity of film sets
- Maintain an online, open-access archive of images, films, and ephemera related to POC film history
- Generate new, original writing on issues and trends pertinent to members
- Program and host online and in-person workshops, lectures, panels, and roundtables with leading cinematographers
Funds will go towards designing and increasing our online presence and compensating our ongoing volunteer and future collaborator for the amazing work they are doing getting sporas off the ground.
We are hiring:
- Executive Director
- Art Director
- Marketing Director
- Content Writer
If you, or someone you know, are invested in sporas's mission and have the above skills, please be in touch. We'd love to connect!
- MATTHEW MILLER
- Ways & Means
- Kristin Wilcha
- Daniel Wolfe
- Sandra Winther
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more