Watch the video below! To see the latest product catalog, go to visit soulita.com or check us out on Instagram @shopsoulita.
Hello! We are Lexus and Evan, co-founders of Soulita.
Evan: In May 2018, Lexus had a ruptured brain aneurysm at 20 years old. She lost her livelihood and had to relearn how to speak, read and write English again. Once she was released from the hospital, she discovered her skin became sensitive and filled with scars from her stay. During her rehabilitation, she started formulating herbal remedies and creating soaps that her skin needed desperately. After over a year of testing and learning, she bet on herself and created Soulita’s Soap in September 2019.
Lexus: When I was getting to know Evan, we started talking about how Soulita Soap (the name of the business at that time) could be taken to the next level. Evan brought his photography, marketing and branding skills to the company and was solely able to recognize the high times for skincare to step up and meet the needs of every skin tone and type. He challenged us in thinking about how we could turn Soulita from a craft to a professional business. The more time we spent together, the more we realized we could work together for something bigger than ourselves.
Once Evan and I started working together, we relaunched the brand in April 2020. With our hard work, dedication, and your ongoing support, we were able to accomplish big things!
- We went from a 119 sq. ft. sunroom in our home to a 3,000 sq ft. warehouse.
- April 2022 We signed a 1-year lease for our first storefront in Downtown Providence, RI after being a Pop-up for 5 months
- We won the Editors Choice BEST IN RI Award for Vegan Soap and Skin Care 2021.
- Gained 11 retail partners nationwide including Plant City, Green Line Apothecary, The Wayfinder Hotel, and more.
- Have been featured in publications RI Monthly x9, Boston Globe, Providence Monthly x2, The Providence Journal, By Hand Serial, The Fiscal Femme, and more.
- Acquired certificates: Herbal Foundations with Mary Blue, Organic Skin Formulation Diploma with Botanica Formula, Natural Beauty + Natural Cosmetic Preservation.
- Hosted 5 different series of local marketplaces while working with over 100 local businesses and artists in prestigious places like Providence Place Mall and Downtown Providence.
- Hosted a fashion panel UP&UNDR in partnership with DESIGNxRI
- Gave out a micro-scholarship to a local high school student for their higher education journey in June 2020
- Hosted our first Community Clean-Up in the Olneyville Area in April 2020
- Meet-Up with over 40 local entrepreneurs individually for business education/advice 2020-2021
- Participated in speaking events with local nonprofits and organizations including AS220 Youth, Bumble, RISE Women’s Conference, Hobby to Business series with the RI Department of the State, and more.
With your support from the past 2 years, we have gotten so far and accomplished so much in a short amount of time. By Summer 2022, our goal is to raise $50,000 in order to have a renovated warehouse with full functioning machinery with a bigger team, hired from our lovely community, in order to continue growing our business successfully. The funds donated will provide us the resources to drop new product lines including a full skincare line, a home essentials line, and some limited edition products in between. Our vision for the future includes increasing production and formulating a team to gear Soulita to maintain correspondence with bigger brands like Wholefoods, Sephora, Walmart, etc. to take Soulita worldwide.
Our GoFundMe funds will go towards…
- Equipment: Professional mixers and cosmetic filler machines, refrigerator, sink, fulfillment and office furniture, photography lights, backdrops, and more.
- Renovations: Paint, AC/Fan and heating machines, walls, bathroom
- Labor + Materials for the projects listed above and resources for new product lines.
If the goal of $50,000 is surpassed, the extra funds will go towards a start on rent + utilities.
We would like to thank all of our supporters for being with us throughout our journey. Without you, bringing Soulita to a wider audience would not be possible. With determination, we are committed to tackling any challenges we meet along the way as we continue to grow. Any donation amount brings us one step closer to our goal. Help us make Soulita worldwide by clicking that ‘Donate’ button at the top of the page, or by helping us spread the word by sharing our page.
Thank you for your support!
Lexus R. S. Fernandez