Celebrating diversity in Southern California’s figure skating community and the Olympic season, the DEI Committee of the SoCal Interclub Association of Figure Skating Clubs invites you to participate in our Lap-A-Thon Challenge!
- Providing grants to skating projects in neighborhoods with large BIPOC populations.
- Assisting synchro, theatre on ice, or other skating teams in under-represented communities.
- Providing DEI education to the entire SoCal skating community.
To summarize, there are three ways to donate.
1) Sponsor a skater per lap skated. Once the Lap-A-Thon is completed, the skater will communicate to their sponsors how many laps they skated. The sponsor is asked to make a minimum donation starting at least $1 per lap via this GoFundMe page. (For example, if you pledged $1 per lap, and the skater completes 20 laps, you will donate $20 via this GoFundMe page.)
2) Pledge a flat donation in honor of your skater. Once the skater has completed the Lap-A-Thon, the donor will process their flat donation via this GoFundMe page. (For example, you may contribute a donation of $50 no matter how many laps your skater completes.)
3) If you don't know a skater but would like to make a contribution, you can do so here at any time and in any amount!
As a fun reward for our skaters, we will be presenting a surprise gift to (1) the skater who completes the most laps and (2) the skater who raises the most funds! For skaters who would like to join this fun competition, they can enter their information about their Lap-A-Thon results via this Google link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6AdrQ9jbI3V0uI8Xniuc72dCEDhYdK7BX0gWTIK2aGG3vow/viewform
When sharing on social media, please use these hashtags: #ColorTheIce and #DEILapAThon
Thank you for your support!