Last Saturday night, I got a message from a neighbor asking if my car trunk was supposed to be open. I quickly went outside to check, and to my dismay, I discovered that half of my gear had been stolen ($6000 value). These items include:
1. Miller Compass 23 Solo 100 Three-Stage Carbon Fiber Tripod System
2. 2x Dracast LED1000 Pro Bi-Color LED Light with V Mount Battery Plate
3. 1x Dracast LED500 Pro Bi-Color LED Light with V Mount Battery Plate
4. 2x Dynacore 155wh V-mount Batteries
5. IDX System Technology VL-2X 2-Channel V-Mount Charger & Power Supply
6. Yamaha Model SV-130SBL 'Concert Select' Silent Violin (4/4 Size, Black) in a black/gray BAM oblong case.
As of last week, I've looked everday to see if any of these items have appeared on Craigslist, Ebay, or Facebook, but have had no luck finding them so far.
I'm currently doing my best to get them replaced, because while most people think of me as a YouTube musician, most of my livelihood actually comes from filming and producing videos for other content creators /companies. Unfortunately, considering that some of stolen equipment took me up to a year to finance, it's unlikely that I'll be able to re-purchase them in the near future without help.
I'm not expecting to replace everything immediately, but if you like my work and want to support me, any contribution would go a long ways towards getting me back on my feet. Thank you so much!
Note: Most of the gear that was stolen were support gear that I didn't think to insure (unlike my camera and main violin).
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/sleightlymusical
DonationsSee top donations
- Yinan Fang
- Nathan Chan
- Drew Forde
- Rachel Truong
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more