Thank you for being willing to support my campaign as I run to become one of the Oakville Trustees for the Halton Catholic District School Board!
Funds are needed for postage, signage, printed media, digital media, contractors and many smaller expenses.
I am truly humbled for every dollar donated and have faith every cent will be utilized to aid my attempt at victory!
Every donor will be invited to my Election Night Appreciation Dinner on October 22nd.
Now for what you need to know, and please share with your networks:
Who is Ante Skoko?
· Proud Roman Catholic and husband to Roberta.
· Born in Oakville, and raising my family in the new Oakvillage community.
· Spent 8 years as a Civil Engineer working on multi-million dollar construction projects.
· Now working full-time as a Catholic Youth Minister for the Archdiocese of Toronto, a radical shift as I answered God's Call earlier this year to serve His Church, and I pray for our Catholic schools in Halton if elected.
· I am part-time real-estate agent and certified health and fitness trainer.
Why Am I Running for Trustee?
I have a vested interest in Catholic education because when my wife and I are blessed with children, they will be in the system. I am aware of the modern challenges that affect our students, teachers and parents, and I want to help. I am excited about contributing my time, talent and energy towards fostering a safe and nurturing environment for all involved in our Catholic board. I will fight to preserve Catholic education in Halton for the next generation of Catholic children. Catholics are called to live according to the Gospel and stand for the Truth. I want to help students grow in virtue by modeling it with my own personal conduct as a trustee, embodying it in our policies and activities, and visiting the schools regularly building relationships.
With the example given us by Jesus Christ, I believe all students can become well-rounded, exemplary citizens. This is the ultimate destination of a successful journey in Catholic education. Getting to heaven perhaps outranks the “ultimate destination” of Catholic education.
I believe in accountability and transparency. As a Trustee, I want to cultivate an atmosphere of mutual respect for fair and open discussion, so that everyone has a voice at the table. I believe stronger communication between the school, parish and home will cultivate a more positive caring and learning environment that is also rich and vibrant in faith.
Why Vote for Me?
· I am passionate helping others learn about their Catholic faith and striving to help empower youth to be leaders for the next generation.
· I will strive to be a pro-active and engaged trustee who will work hard to uphold the vision of Catholic education, and help form students into responsible citizens, driven by Gospel values.
· I will continue the Board’s efforts to ensure parents are well-informed as they are the primary educators of their children.
On Monday, October 22nd, 2018
ELECT Ante Skoko
Oakville Catholic Trustee
Halton Catholic District School Board
Email: [email redacted]
Who can make a contribution
You can accept contributions only from individuals who are normally resident in Ontario. Corporations and trade unions are no longer permitted to make contributions to candidates.
Corporations and other businesses are not permitted to make contributions to candidates.
Groups such as clubs, associations or ratepayer’s groups are not eligible to make contributions. The members of these groups may make individual contributions from their personal funds (as long as they are residents of Ontario).
Who cannot make a contribution
The following individuals and organizations are not permitted to make contributions to municipal council and school board campaigns:
- a corporation
- a trade union
- an individual who is not normally resident in Ontario
- a federal political party, constituency association, or a registered candidate in a federal election
- a provincial political party, constituency association, or a registered candidate or leadership contestant
- a federal or provincial government, a municipality or a school board
Contribution limits – contributions from other people
There is a $1,200 limit that applies to contributions from other individuals. If a person makes more than 1 contribution (e.g. contributes money, contributes goods, and purchases a ticket to a fundraising event), the total value of all the contributions cannot exceed $1,200.
The maximum total amount that a contributor can give to candidates in the same jurisdiction (i.e. running for the same council or the same school board) is $5,000.
Only a contribution that is $25 or less can be made in cash. All contributions above $25 must be made by cheque, money order or by a method that clearly shows where the funds came from (such as certain debit, credit or electronic transfer transactions).
You must issue a receipt for every contribution you receive. The receipt should show who made the contribution, the date and the value. If the contribution was in goods or services, you must determine the value of the goods or services and issue a receipt for the full value.
If you receive a cheque from a joint personal account, the receipt must be issued only to the person who signed the cheque. The contribution can only come from one person.
You are required to list the names and addresses of every contributor who gives more than $100 total to your campaign in your financial statement. You should keep a record of the names and addresses of every contributor, regardless of the value of their contribution, because the same contributor may make multiple contributions that end up totalling more than $100.
Note: Contribution receipts are not tax receipts. Contributions to municipal council and school board campaigns cannot be credited against provincial or federal income taxes.
DonationsSee top donations
- Emil Mlinarevic
- Ivan Granic
- Peter Marinovic
- Blazenka Mutnica
- Mark Kupina
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more