Africa54 Skills provides free working skills and services for Africa's self-employed, especially those young men and women just leaving school and starting out.
More than 80% of African workers are self-employed, and many lack practical working skills:
- Many lack adequate reading skills, and far too many have failed to learn the basics before leaving school;
- Very few have affordable access to any vocational training which might be available;
- More than 150 million African workers are unemployed or underemployed.
More skills and vocational training courses are essential at all working levels and in every African country. Our online skills and services are one crucial step. Using free mobile apps, websites and social media:
- We continuously create, modify, update and upgrade free training videos, animations, audios and resources;
- The primary focus in 2023 and beyond is to build local skills, e.g. Street Food in Lagos, Street Food in Mombasa, Street Food in Lusaka, etc.
- Skills and resources are easy to use and learn - and always free;
- For many, these skills and tools can help to earn more and find ways to build a better life.
We work hard to reach and encourage those who really need better working skills; young men and women located in or moving to cities and larger towns.
Basic and better skills are really important. Your donation and support will make a difference to many in 2023 and for decades to follow...
Thank you very much.