Save Virginia Hemp- We need your help!
- Big Pharma / Big Marijuana
- Farmers / Small Businesses / Retail Stores / Distributors / Manufacturers / Consumers / All Virginians over 21 years of age
We need all the help we can get to stop this extremely bad bill. July 1st, 2023 could be the last day of business for thousands across the Commonwealth of Virginia as Governor Youngkin and his administration have decided to favor an out-of-state Marijuana Monopoly Cartel over Virginia farmers and small business owners.
The goal is to raise funds to pay for an attorney to represent an injunction that could either delay or completely stop these regulations from being enforced by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
All donations will be returned if we do not hit a sufficient amount for attorney fees. All donations will be held in the GoFundMe escrow account until July 4th, 2023 and transferred either into an attorney's Trust or your donation will be refunded by GoFundMe on July 5th, 2023.
With the stroke of a pen, Gov. Youngkin will decimate the federally legal hemp industry in Virginia.
See the recent Economic Impact Report Here
Why you may ask? Well, Jushi Inc, Columbia Care, GreenThumb Industries, and Dharma Pharmaceuticals toss hundreds of thousands around making it rain all over Youngkin's administration.
When you see the dispensaries called RISE, GLeaf, The Cannabist, and Beyond/Hello pop up around Virginia, know that those companies run a monopoly in your town.
Clearly, the monopoly players aren't afraid to admit their cards either. In 2022, the Marijuana Cartel couldn't find their knockout punch, but here we are in 2023 with SB903, supported by the majority of our lawmakers and a Governor willing to knowingly create & expand monopolistic operations while accepting donations in the face of destroying small businesses.
"We view Virginia as one of the best licenses in cannabis,' Jim Cacioppo, the CEO of Jushi told Forbes in November, citing the company's monopoly over sales in Northern Virginia. 'When you go adult use, sales could triple overnight'
Important facts to note about SB903:
1) 2mg of total THC cap per package (this removes 90% of hemp derived products and defines them as Marijuana)
Examples: Full Scectrum CBD, Broad Spectrum, Hemp Derived Gummies, Flower, Dog Treats, and list goes on.
2) Industrial Hemp re-defined as Marijuana
3) $10,000 per day penalties with Jail Time potential
4) $2.2M in enforcement funds with 15 new Full-Time Enforcement Positions
5) Topical Products are now required to have a bittering agent. This is absurd. So when someone decides to never eat the lotion, it will taste bad? Or do they want us to burn our customer's skin? If we don't add the government's required ingredient, you are subject to $500 penalties per violation. Are you serious?
- Lip Balms will even be affected, along with all your favorite creams. This is crazy.
So here we are at the crossroads. Will Youngkin sign this terrible bill?
Or will he understand that $Billions of tax revenue are at stake, Farms, Retail Stores, Distributors, Livelihoods, and everything in between are at risk of being destroyed.
In the coming weeks, we will be updating everyone regularly and what you can do to help out our cause.
If you own a retail store, please print off the QR codes and ask that your customers spread the word.
If you are a customer, please understand that your products are in jeopardy.
This is not going to be a fun ride for anyone involved.
Let's unite together to fight the good fight and please call or email our Governor asking him to deny SB903 as it is currently written.
Gov. Youngkin's contact info can be found here Gov. Youngkin Contact Website here
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
Save Virginia Hemp
Cedar Fork, VA