The Swan Festival of Lights (SFOL) - Reimagined
Our main goal is to reignite individual hope, creating a worldwide movement of unearthing the light through darkness. By celebrating, sharing and offering the Festival of Lights as a means of inspiring hope and spreading joy through a myriad of creative multicultural experiences.
Our mission as an event is to reignite the spirit of Deepavali by supporting people in all corners of the world through these challenging times by supporting communities through donations, and providing a digital space to immerse, enjoy and interact with multicultural experiences.
The ‘Siva Shantha Mother and Child Health Centre’ is a maternity centre dedicated to caring for children from three months of conception to three years of age. Based on the ‘pay what you can’ principle, every patient is treated with dignity and no one is denied medical treatment for want of money.
Help SFOL make an impact this Deepavali, by extending your help through sponsoring a mother and their child as part of the Siva Shantha Mother and Child Health Centre's '3 months to 3 years' program.
3 Months to 3 Years Program
It is an ancient belief in India and a scientifically proven fact that the baby starts its life from within the mother’s womb from the 3rd month and is aware and sensitive to external stimulations.
3 Months to 3 Years program ensures that healthy and happy babies are born from healthy and happy mothers. To achieve this goal, along with the routine components of antenatal medical care, the following special programs are provided.
Your donation will contribute towards the following services for each mother and child enrolled in the program:
1) Embryo therapy – Teaching simple techniques to the mother to communicate with the baby in the womb and also to keep a watch on their emotions, which directly affects the child
2) Pregnancy Yoga – Teaching the mother to relax her body and mind and become flexible to enable normal delivery.
3) New Mom Program – educates the mother on the care and support to be given to the baby during the first year
4) Baby Yoga – Teaching the mother gentle movements and massage of the limbs of the baby for the development of systems
5) Counseling when required
6) A day care centre for children below 3.5 years
This will be underpinned by:
- Nutritional supplementation
- Lab tests and ultra-scan
- Safe delivery
- Immunization for the baby up to three years
- Vidhya Balasubramanian
- Shiv Mu
- Kumaran Krishnan
- Mugunthanram Balakrishnan
The Swan Festival of Lights