Our daughter (and Summer's sister), Sienna Vaughn, died suddenly of Fentanyl poisoning on February 19th, 2023. She was a 16-year-old Junior at Plano Senior High School, in Plano, Texas. Sienna was a wonderful young woman who impacted so many people around her through Girl Scouts, Cheer, and school. She loved listening to music, hanging out with her friends and playing with our cats. Her life was tragically taken much too soon and she is greatly missed.
Sienna made the mistake that many other young people across the country are making far too often. She took what she thought was a prescription Percocet from a friend, thinking she could relax in her bedroom at home. Unfortunately, this pill was laced with a fatal amount of Fentanyl. When we discovered her, only an hour or so after she had taken the pill, it was too late. Taking a prescription pill that someone gave her was a mistake, and we had talked to her many times about the dangers of drugs, but this should NOT have been a fatal error. With Fentanyl-laced fake prescription pills in circulation, people are not getting a second chance.
Losing a child is every parent's worst nightmare and this story resonates with families everywhere. Unfortunately, many more will lose children due to this Fentanyl crisis. We plan to use Sienna's story to help bring the urgent warning of fake prescription pills directly to students, work with local officials to get life-saving Narcan into schools and engage with organizations that are focused on this crisis. Your donations will honor Sienna's legacy by supporting these efforts to save the lives of other children.
Sienna's loss will hurt forever, and she will be missed by so many. We thank our family and friends for the outpouring of love and support that has carried us through this unimaginable time. We will never forget your kindness and generosity.
Thank you in advance for your donation.
Ryan, Stephanie and Summer Vaughn
Fundraising team (3)
This team raised $42,201 from 139 other donations.