25 Persons through peer to peer offline fundraising, have answered the call and pledged towards this campaign. The Goal is now to raise USD $8,500
What is needed and when?
25 persons to donate USD $250.00 or TTD $1,500.00 by May 31st, 2017 your donation will help lives and be the catalyst for change for many in the Caribbean and in Trinidad and Tobago. I am raising funds to cover outstanding tuition fees, travel cost, and items needed to successfully progress during my scholarship programme. Be one of 50 for change #50ForChange
I am Sherna Alexander Benjamin a woman’s rights and human rights advocate from Trinidad and Tobago I advocate for the prevention and elimination of violence and discrimination against women and girls, the promotion of Sustainable Development and human rights. Due to the opportunity development gap, many women from developing countries have to forgo many development opportunities.
You can be one of 50 persons to help me realise my educational goal and successfully accomplish this scholarship which has been offered to by the Coady International Institute at St. Francis Xavier University Canada, some of my achievements are: recipient of a national youth award which was given to me in 2014 by the government of Trinidad and Tobago, one of my written pieces was published by TIME.com 'How to Reduce Violence Against Women in Trinidad and Tobago'. My future goals: enhance my abilities in the area of advocacy, serve more individuals, continue my work with women and girls and become a human rights attorney.
My appreciation, follow and engage with me:
I will be establishing a blog so you can follow my journey during the programme, watch me interact with families experiencing indigent poverty, listen to me lobby for change and watch me work with women and girls for local, regional and national change as the development and economic progress of a nation depends on how that country protects and promotes women and girls development and how it promotes the health of women and men. Your support will also help me reach one step closer to realising my goals and breaking the glass ceiling.
Giving back after graduation:
- Advocate effectively for human rights and human rights policies;
- Work with women and girls experiencing violence and assist with developing conflict transformation and peacebuilding programs;
- Examine gender-based violence at a family, community and national levels and assist in developing projects for the prevention, reduction and elimination of such forms of violence;
- Engage in strengthening Local economies; work with communities experiencing conflicts and violence;
- Engage in holistic community development which includes women;
- Create safe inclusive spaces for dialogue and analysis; address root causes of family, community and work-based conflict;
- Assist with crime fighting and peace building measures;
- Assist in developing and executing non-violent communication and mediation programmes, and implement techniques for transforming intra-community and organisational conflicts.
Sherna's Linkedin and Twitter info.
Nathalie Alvine Ferguson