Here is a link to the article that was in the local newspaper*:
*Sheri's 4th cat, Butterfly, Bunny's twin, died 2 days after the fire. Dr. Quinn and her staff from Burtchville Veterinary Clinic did everything they could to save her, but she inhaled too much smoke and wasn't able to recover from it.
In order for Sheri & Charlie Paws, her only surviving furbaby, to be able to return to their home, there are many things that have to be done to the structure, including but not limited to, rebuilding the kitchen from the walls out, professional cleaning of all walls, ceilings, ducts as well as replacement of doors, windows, floor coverings, draperies, appliances and furniture. Sheri had a small renter's policy, but sadly Jim didn't have a homeowner policy, which would normally pay for the structural repairs. We are asking that you see it in your heart to help out Jim & Sheri, 40+ year friends, with the expenses of the above mentioned repairs, so that Sheri & Charlie Paws can return to their beloved home. Thank you so very much. We are certain that Sheri, Jim & Charlie will appreciate every gesture.
DonationsSee top donations
- Philip and Joni Maniaci
- Shannon Cerveny
- Huon Pointe Sportsmen's Association
- Marjorie Buga
- Tom Ellis
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more