Shannon and Mitch and 4 children plus his family were totally displaced in the recent Hurricane Michael. They live in Panama City in the Callaway area which was one of the hardest hit areas near TAFB. Their home, his parents parsonage home, his sisters home and church were all heavily damaged with wind, rain, flooding, downed trees, holes in homes, sewer and much more. None are livable at present. The parsonage of his father Rev. Dr. Richard Mitchell Connor Sr. from Parkway Presbyterian Church was probably the hardest hit and is just awful.
They are all now at a hotel in Mobile AL. They moved there yesterday from a hotel in Pensacola. There are no rooms anywhere close for the family of 12. They need to stay together if possible. They sheltered at the church and moved from room to room as spots were damaged. Thankfully no one was hurt. My husband and I drove 1000 miles there and back yesterday to retrieved my sister who was there babysitting Shannon's newborn Trinity until she could be at nursery.
Not only are homes damaged and unlivable but jobs are gone for the present time also. There won't be school for some time as they are damaged also. Shannon works for McKenzie Insurance (no computers), Mitch caters (no power or water or kitchen),her sister in law is a nurse at hospital (closed and moved patients to Pensacola) her mother in law's business was completely destroyed and her father in law's church will be closed for sometime.You get the picture.
Shannon has never asked for help but Larry and I saw their need. It has cost quite a bit this first week just being displaced in a hotel.
Please donate what you can. Large or small amounts all help. I am positive she is one person who will use it to the fullest needs of her family. The money will be used for their daily expenses and to help them with their bills during relocation and loss of income.
I am adding the following comments to ensure that I am compliant with GoFundMe rules. I think the info is already above but I am being diligent.
1. Who you are and where you’re from? Sandra & Larry Lister 3915 Pennington Rd. Greer, SC 29651
2. Your relationship or contact to the parties you're raising funds for - Shannon Connor is Sandra's niece.
3. How the funds will be spent (be specific as possible) - For the normal living expenses for a family of 6 and for relocation expenditures because of their home damage from Hurricane Michael plus loss of income from their jobs.
4. Your withdrawal plan to get the funds from the campaign to the ultimate beneficiary/ies - I have set Shannon Connor up as the beneficiary of the funds.
5. Make sure your campaign includes your beneficiary’s name and relation to your cause. Shannon Connor is the person along with her husband Mitch and 4 children designated as the people that the funds are being raised for.
DonationsSee top donations
- Sandra Lister
- Pam, Greg & Scott MacDougal
- Sandra Lister
- Sandra Lister
- Nancy Lindley
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more