Am I paying for your Paris trip?
- Course not. Your donation will benefit children with mental disabilities. (click '+Read More' below)
How much are you raising?
- The goal is to raise $5,000
**Having hit my goal of $5,000, I'll personally donate $0.50 for every $1 raised above $5,000 (i.e. your donation will be 50% more impactful)
What time are you trying to run?
- My goal is to run under 3hr 30mins
**If I finish slower, I’ll match every dollar donated
When is the Marathon?
- Sunday, April 8, 2018.
- Will be flying out a few days early on Thursday (4/5/18) to get accustomed to the course gradations and local conditions such as temperature, humidity, wind speed, solar radiation, and Parisian women.
When should I donate by?
- Now or never!
What will you be wearing?
- Vintage Edge Black Nike Hat (thx Edge)
- Red Tiger Woods Dri-Fit shirt (thx Eldrick)
- Black Employee-only Under Armour gloves (thx Jon)
- US Junior National Team black squash shorts (thx Nick)
- WOLACO Compression Undershorts (thx Terry)
- Dartmouth Green Varsity Running Shoes (thx Hansi)
- Still looking for a watch sponsor…
What's it to you?
Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, learning disabilities…. all can sound very daunting at a glance, but these kids live their lives with bigger smiles and more positivity than many of us live our lives with. Milal is not just a place where I go to “serve”, “help out”, and be a “support”; rather, it is where I go to learn, reflect, and grow as a person... Get recharged from their infectious energy and get reminded that small things often matter the most in our life. (Please find out more about my cause at http://www.nymilal.org/)
Running my first half marathon in NYC, I still remember the miraculous berth of energy that surfaced at around mile 10 as I hit a ‘wall’… the thought of having 86 supporting friends on my back… and the ensuing surge of gratitude for everyone that I’ve crossed paths with in my life...
I can only imagine how real the ‘wall’ will be on a full marathon at mile 22 or 23; I would love to be able to reach down and pull the pocket of energy gifted from you. Please help me relive that high again, and it would be my joy to share this memory with you.
It truly matters not the size of your donation, but it would mean the world to me to see your name on the list. If we have not spoken to each other in a while, it would be a great way to reconnect and jog back the memory lane. Appreciate you all very much
*Milal Mission in NY Inc is a 501(c)3 organization
- John Hill
- Yuan Jung
- Jung Do (Luke) Lee
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more