When I was eight years old, I accepted Christ, and he put a passion for mission work on my heart. He has allowed me the opportunity to go on mission trips almost every summer since then. I have been on family trips to Mexico, youth group trips to San Francisco and Hawaii, a trip last summer to China, and my most recent trip with New Life Community Church to Haiti. Every trip that I have been on, I fall more and more in love with what I believe God has called me to do. My heart cries out for the people that I meet abroad, and I am seeking God for where he wants to place me long term. Therefore, I am once again going on a mission trip this summer. I honestly didn’t believe that I would have the opportunity to go this summer because everything was very last minute, but God opened doors for me so quickly.
He gave me two opportunities between a trip to Ecuador and a trip to Papua New Guinea. I couldn’t believe it. After much prayer and thought, I have decided that my time will be served best in Papua New Guinea. In PNG, I will be staying in Ukarumpa with Mike and Tippy Littlefield and their daughters. Ukarumpa is an international Christian school with the aim of Bible translation. The workers in Ukarumpa work closely with families in the villages to translate the Bible into the over 200 languages in PNG that have no translated Bibles. Mike and Tippy are a missionary couple from the states whom I came into contact with through my family. From July 3rd to August 1st in Ukarumpa, I will be helping with many activities such as:
· Tok Pisin Sande Skul: Helping with kids and music, meaningful interactions with Papua New Guineas.
· Vacation Bible School: Working with the Australian group from Nat’s home church as they run a VBS for English-speaking children on center.
· Youth Ministries: Testing out the new sound system for Soul Purpose; getting things in order for new Junior High Soul Purpose; starting a new system of filing for the student's names, birthdays, furloughs, etc.
· Ukarumpa International School Music Department: Helping with teacher transitions by sorting out sheet music, setting up the band room for Marching Band practices. Possibly repair some instruments if skilled.
· English Service Morning or Evening Worship: Helping lead worship for the Ukarumpa community church service.
I am very excited to work in PNG and for God to use not only my gifts with children but with music as well. In preparing for this trip, I have realized that I do have some fears and hesitations about traveling by myself and staying in PNG for a month, but the Lord has been showing me that this is where He wants me to go this summer through passages such as Joshua 1:9 that says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
I would love to have your support both before and after this trip. Most importantly, I need prayer. Key things that you can be praying for are as follows:
1. My safety. This will be my first international trip by myself, and I have never been to PNG before. Be praying for safe travels and my safety and health while I am there.
2. Meaningful encounters. I am trusting God for opportunities to make meaningful relationships while in PNG. I want to see God in the people around me and to be able to use my gifts to help those around me.
3. Understanding. I feel that this trip will be a growing experience for me as I get to look into what missionary life is like for the family I am staying with. I want understanding and insight into what God has for my future.
I also really need your financial help. God has given me peace that He will provide money for this trip like he has for all my previous trips. He is a faithful God. I need to raise $3,500 for traveling and living expenses for the month that I am there. Please pray about it.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me!
- Mike Boucher
- Steve & Claudia Hughes
- Monica Vargas
- Michael & Tammie Wauhob
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more