This is the hardest thing that I have ever had to write or start. Putting this next sentence into words makes this situation so very real. I am asking for help because the love of my life, Sean, was just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
So what does that mean? Well none of it's good. Sean is going to have to undergo aggressive chemotherapy. We are hoping to get Sean into the Moffit Cancer Center next week so he can start treatment. For all of our international friends, the Moffit Cancer Center is ranked in the top 10 of cancer centers in the United States, and we are lucky because it happens to only be 3 hours from us. Because Sean is in this late stage of cancer, his doctors and we believe that we have to be as aggressive as possible, and the Moffit Center can help with that.
This has been devastating to the two of us. Words cannot describe the sadness, fear and anger that is running through our veins. This is going to be a rough battle but with every battle, there is a chance that you win. We will be that winner and we will send this cancer back to the black hole that it came out of.
We started this GoFundMe in the chance that you would like to help us with this cancer battle. I'm not gonna lie, this may not have a good outcome. But we only know one way to live and that's giving it all we got. We would be grateful for any donation. We know times are tough, please do not give if you can't afford it. Your thoughts and prayers are worth more than any amount of money. This is just an optional avenue for those who would like to help out.
Here's what we know so far (updates to follow):
Sean has a large mass on his pancreas and masses on his liver and lungs (the spreading makes it Stage 4. I didn't know that until today). Sean will be getting a biopsy today to tell the Oncologist exactly what type of cancer Sean has and then we will start a course of treatment. He will also be getting a port placed in his chest today. The port will be for his chemotherapy treatments. The prognosis at this point is bad. The doctors did not sugar coat that for us. We don't have any odds (settle down C3PO) but I'm guessing the odds are definitely not in our favor. So now we wait for the biopsy to be taken. The doctor did mention that Sean will most likely be here until at least Friday.
- Robert Irving
- Geoffrey Lara
- Carolyn Robitaille
- Joanne FLOOD
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more