Sean and Ritsuko Doherty's house caught fire early Saturday morning on August 5th. Ritsuko (Rits) and Sean are expecting their first child in December 2017.
Rits had just left for work at Albany International Airport when the fire began just before 4:00 am. Within minutes the house was fully ingulfed in flames.
Sean was outside when the fire began and rescued one of the couples dog, a shiba inu named 'Ryu'. Sadly an other shiba inu 'Maro' did not survive. The couples two cats are still missing. Sean suffered a second degree burn on his back while recusing the couple's dog.
All the couples possessions and their car were distroyed in the fire.
Short term help is needed while the couple waits for insurance and support from community resources. Neighbors have rallyed around Sean and Rits providing immediate support.
We would like to ask for support from the members of the tight knit Rensselaer community.
Additionally, we would like to thank the members of the Rennsselaer Police and Fire Departments. We would also like to thank all our neighbors who rallied together during this tragic emergency.
- Drew Mahoney
- Audio Spectrum
- Creative Stage Lighting
- First Baptist Church Rensselaer
- Stephen G DeNigris
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more