As you may know I am a mentor to a young man through the Big Brother Big Sisters (BBBS) organization. Parker, my "Little", is a 13-year old 7th grader. He is an only child from a single parent household. It's just he and his mother (his father was never in his life.) We have been a BBBS "match" since April 23, 2012.
On New Year's Eve 2017, Parker and his mother were playing games at a neighbor's house. When they arrived home and entered their house, they were overcome by smoke. A fire had ignited in a bedroom and closet and was starting to spread. The fire department was called and extinguished the fire, but the smoke damage was extensive.
Fast forward 3 months; after spending ten weeks in a hotel with their dog, Parker and his mother have moved back home. The restoration team inventoried all the contents of their home and found that many items were not salvageable. They did have homeowners insurance, however, the replacement costs for furniture, flooring, appliances, etc. has exceeded what the claims department has paid. As they say, "there's too much month left at the end of the money."
I am reaching out to my family and network of friends to help a family in need. As Parkers "Big", I want to make sure that he stays on track and doesn't lose ground because of this unfortunate incident. Please donate to Parkers "GoFundMe" page. Every little bit helps! Thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Steve Simmons
- Patricia Chitty
- michel smith
- Larry Koomler
- Jean Murphy
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more