Saving Baby Nova

39887476_1560374774380691_r.jpeg
 Nova is a plucky, silly husky baby of 3 months old. She's the sweetest puppy with a rambunctious attitude as any husky baby. We fell in love with her at first sight, and knew that she was the right one for our family. Around 4 days ago (6/8/2019), I awoke to her vomiting in the middle of the night. Thinking it was maybe something she ate, I tried to comfort her and see if it got better. When I got off work around 12 that day, she wasn't any better. We rushed her to the nearest emergency vet, and our worst fears were true: she had tested positive for parvo. This virus is extremely deadly, especially in puppies. We left her in the care of the E.R. Vets while we were in tears.

Less than 24 hours passed, and we got a call saying that she was eating and looking better. Most times that's a great sign. She was discharged to go home. The first few hours home were great. She was acting like her normal puppy self again, and we thought that we were on the mend and through the worst. Around the same time as before in the night, the vomiting began again. The E.R. vet was no longer open, and they had stated that I'd have to wait until the morning to see our primary vet. We took samples of her vomit, and there were roundworms in it, even though she had been treated with dewormer. Again, we returned to our vet, and this time she was looking worse than the first time. The vet agreed that she needed to be treated, this time for days. Because their vet facility isn't a 24 hour one, they would keep her for the day, and then transfer her to a 24 hour vet hospital. Her condition didn't get worse, but it wasn't getting better.

Parvo in dogs is deadly, particularly in puppies. It's easy to contract because it can be anywhere and survive months in any weather condition. It attacks the intestines, and if not treated, the puppy can become septic.

Now here we are, waiting impatiently for the news if our baby is going to make it. Hospitalization isn't cheap, and it's hit us hard, but we are wanting to do everything to keep her alive. We've already paid out of pocket nearly $4,000 with the sudden vet visit and overnight stays. Depending on her condition and if she survives the first few days, she could need to be at the vet care for up to a week. Every day she remains in the hospital is around $1,200 - $2,200 depending on the treatment she needs there.

We are aiming for $10,000 because we've been forewarned that this treatment could take days, sometimes weeks if they survive. She means the world to us. We always sing to her about how she's our sunshine.  Every donation counts, and it would mean so much to us and the help of keeping our baby Nova alive. #savebabynova

39887476_1560374901605134_r.jpeg
39887476_1560374919705925_r.jpeg
39887476_1560374939290806_r.jpeg

Donations (0)

  • Susannah May 
    • $50 
    • 5 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $250 
    • 5 mos
  • Crystal Lessor 
    • $30 
    • 5 mos
  • Lauren Gardiner 
    • $25 
    • 5 mos
  • Devon Coultas 
    • $350 
    • 5 mos
See all

Organizer

Lindsey Nelson-Dunphy 
Organizer
Poulsbo, WA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more