UPDATE: JULY 13, 2019
I just want to give everyone an update on our "Save ThatChannel" campaign. First of all, I can't thank everyone enough who has contributed money, made advance purchases, shared fundraising links, and gotten in touch with helpful leads and suggestions. Your show of support has meant a great deal to me and the entire ThatChannel team. As a result, we have been granted permission to stay in the building for the foreseeable future! Thank you.
Our purpose is to serve as a media resource to help achieve your business, personal, artistic, and community goals. The best way to help us is to make use of us: We're looking for just 20 people who want to start their own TV show, which comes with the following benefits:
1. Become known as a thought-leader in your field
2. Have the leverage to invite anyone (famous or not) to be a guest on your show.
3. Use our technology to do real-time interviews with anyone around the world even if they're not in Toronto.
4. Build a portfolio of content that continually promotes you and your projects
5. Works around the clock to drive traffic to your website and other online properties
6. Provides a great forum to perfect your public speaking and communication skills
7. Gives you a platform to have serious input on public affairs
8. Get started earning Youtube and other social media income.
9. Offers the consistent opportunity of going "viral".
10. Benefit from our technical expertise in our "plug and play" studio
Your show (or video blog) can be published on your own website and/or Youtube channel, and can be distributed via your social media networks. You can even cut your show into shorter segments and publish on a regular basis throughout the month to increase your presence and audience. We will be happy to work with you to help achieve your objectives, whatever they may be.
If you become one of twenty show producer/hosts, you will be part of our solution to maintain ThatChannel studios as a resource for yourself and the community, while working to achieve your own goals. We are maintaining our fundraising campaign, and offering this opportunity at special fundraising pre-purchase rates for the time being, as previously described:
1. Liquid Lunch interview, live streamed, and edited for Youtube, 15-30 minutes. $100
2. Hold an event in our 1700-sq.ft. studio space, fits up to 80 people, live streamed and record video for Youtube. Great for meetups, book launches, CD releases, conferences etc: 2 hours: $250
3. Your own TV show, one hour: $250
4. Plug-and-play podcast production, one hour: $100
Here's the link to the fundraising page. Please help save ThatChannel's studio and prepay for any of the services listed above, including doing your own show (number 3). While the immediate threat to ThatChannel has passed, we still need to cover the costs of maintaining the facility, and the best way to help is to make use of us!https://www.gofundme.com/savethatchannel
And we're still looking for the ideal capital partner to join our team. Last week, I gave a pitch at City Hall council chambers:https://youtu.be/k-Re8oluXsI
-HughUPDATE: JULY 1, 2019
Happy Canada Day! First, two pieces of good news:
1. Summer seems to have finally arrived, and
2. ThatChannel is still here on Bay Street (for now)
Huge thanks to everyone who has been in touch, contributed to our crowdfunding campaign, and offered help in many forms, including new studio space. It's been kind of overwhelming, and I have not even been able to call everyone back who is trying to help. I am so truly grateful for the support. Thank you.
It's been quite a roller coaster ride that began on June 19 with a June 21 eviction date. As of Friday, we got an extension to the end of July. It's only for a small portion of our current space, but we've been given much needed time to keep the business going as we focus on next steps, and hopefully raise the funds we need for a successful transition.
We continue to seek investors and mentors who share our vision and can properly capitalise the project. If we can put that in place this week (by July 7), we may even be able to maintain all of our existing facilities.
You can see how we're doing at the following link. If you can help by sharing or making any kind of contribution, we truly appreciate it:
-HughJUNE 23, 2019
I've got some sad news. After 15 years of internet broadcasting - supporting entrepreneurs, artists, and activists, we've been asked to leave our Bay St. studio with very short notice. Our last day of production will be this Friday, going live with "We Are Speechmakers" from 7-9pm. Then we are packing up everything and getting out of the building by Canada Day.
At present, we have not found a new home. We are open to working with great people, and a great venue that ideally could accommodate live video, audio, and music production. We are also still looking for the ideal investment partner thatshares our vision for ultimate success. If you or someone you know might be able to help with this or with a new home for ThatChannel, pls let me know.