The Salt Lake County Equestrian Park is the largest equestrian park in the State of Utah. Used by thousands of horse owners yearly, repurposing the park and eliminating the equestrian facility would impact thousands of people who depend on the horse industry for not only income but a way of life.
• The County has hundreds of special interest parks for soccer, baseball, golf, etc., but only ONE Equestrian Park.
• The central location is perfect for many different types of equestrian and non-equestrian events.
• There are regional and national equestrian shows that come to this park because of the central location, arenas and the facility as a whole. There are many other events that would come if additional improvements were made.
· Funds will be raised by donation
· Funds will be used for legal counsel, lobbyist expenses, public meeting venues and other effort supporting expenses as deemed necessary by the Equestrian Park Coalition Board.
· Left over funds will be donated to non-profit organizations as deemed appropriate by the Equestrian Park Coalition Board.
The Equestrian Park Coalition strives to protect and enhance the Salt Lake County Equestrian Park to:
· Protect, improve and revitalize the Equestrian Park in its current location.
· Educate user groups, the public and elected officials about the usage, successes, issues, and solutions to enhance future growth.
· Support & Strengthen local businesses and the growing equestrian industry.
· Bring together all Venue users and positively impact The Salt Lake County Mayor and Council’s understanding of the facilities need to stay an equine and events center at its current location.
· Obtain and invest additional County funding for improvements to make it a premier equestrian and events facility that the County and community citizens can be very proud of.
· Gain long term support from Salt Lake County Mayor, Council and Parks & Recreation.
· Improve management to include people with an understanding and commitment to equestrian facility and event needs - citizens who are knowledgeable and passionate about wanting the facility to succeed.
· Seek out and obtain large regional and national equestrian events to improve revenue
· Seek long-term advocacy with S L County for future management and expansion
- Brooke Kawa
- Ian Williamson
- Douglas Sullivan
- Angie Melton
- Phil Blair
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more