Stop the Ocean Reef ‘Marina’ becoming an over-sized housing estate. Protect our coast’s natural beauty and cultural heritage. It’s time to take a stand.
Time is running out. Despite objections from concerned residents, bushland volunteer groups and industry, and the project is still going ahead. The bulldozers are already on site. The explosives are on standby to decimate the cliffs. And we need all the people power and support we can get to stop to this housing development now and call for a more sustainable, community approved redesign of the marina redevelopment.
Please stand with us and support our campaign to save Ocean Reef today.
* Take a stand to stop the clearing of 26ha of natural bushland - previously declared ‘Bushland Forever’ – that’s home to a diverse array of native flora and fauna, including rare species.
* Take a stand to stop the blasting and dredging of this 1km-stretch of pristine reef systems, limestone cliffs, which are part of the Marmion Marine Park and a habitat for myriad marine life.
* Take a stand with the surfing community to save two renowned and much-loved local surf breaks, Mozzies and Big Rock, from being lost forever.
* Take a stand with the local Nyungar people to protect this site of cultural significance – home to bush food plants and ancient quandong trees – so that future generations can learn and appreciate the lifestyle and culture of the traditional owners.
* Take a stand to protect beautiful Mullaloo Beach – one of Perth’s top 10 beaches and the jewel in Joondalup’s crown – from coastal erosion, groyne development and beach wrack build-up.
*Take a stand for the magnificent and threatened Carnaby’s black cockatoos that forage on the Ocean Reef coastal bushlands.
You can take a stand as an individual by donating just $10.
With a friend for $20.
With your family for $100.
With your family and friends for $250.
Or take a stand for future generations and give $500.
Your kind support today will put all the extra power we need behind our protest campaign to target local, state and national governments and their associated agencies.
The bulldozers are poised. We need your help urgently to raise $20,000 to launch an extensive legal and advertising campaign and community rally events. Any funds remaining will go to local bushland volunteer groups.
Stand with us and give generously. Every gift makes a difference in helping the Save Ocean Reef campaign protect this unique coastal environment for future generations and prevent the relentless destruction of our coastal landscapes and environment. Thank you.
About us: Save Ocean Reef is a volunteer community action group led by locals. We have been advocating for the interests of local residents in the marina development since 2018.
DonationsSee top donations
- Gary Shaw
- Linda Payler-Kemp
- Jacqueline Whitman
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more