Save Juliet from Parvo

On July 16th princess Juliet started to not quite act herself but was just quieter than her normal self. Was still eating and drinking and wanting attention. On July 17th she started vomiting up foam and not wanting to eat. I immediately took her to the vet to see what was going on. They did X-rays and saw she had a some fluid in her lungs (aspiration pneumonia) they gave us some meds and sent us home. The next day, July 18th I could see her getting worst and yet again took her back to the vet for them to give her fluids and see if we could do anything else for her vomiting. They gave us more meds for her symptoms and we came back home. The following day she wasn’t even close to being better so I called them back and they told me to come in get some stuff for her. After coming home from the vet and seeing Juliet had gotten worst since I left, I checked on her brother who I had separated from her to make sure he didn’t bug her too much. And he now too was throwing up foam. So I loaded them up and ran them to our nearest emergency hospital to get tested for parvo bc after talking to my friend who is a vet tech she suggested that would be our next step. So in we went and I can honestly say those were some of the most nerve racking moments of my life. 
15mins went by and the dr finally came in to tell me the bad news. Both Juliet and her brother Morton did in fact have Parvo I was in complete shock. Other than going to the vet we had not left our front porch. I was so cautious with these little guys, extra protective and had been giving them natural immune system boosters.  
Juliet was immediately admitted to the hospital looking at a week or more of staying. Morton wasn’t too bad and I was given the option to treat him at home and thankfully he is recovering wonderfully. Anyway 9 days of hospitalization and a little more then 10k in vet bills, we decided to bring Juliet home and continue her treatment. In less than 24hours she went downhill and fast, so she was taken back to the hospital were they discovered she was severely anemic and needed a blood transfusion. Juliet has now had 3 blood transfusions and is getting better slowly. We don’t have an estimated time as to when her treatment will be complete but we know she is trying and deserves every chance she can get. Sadly after spending almost 20k total medically for 3 pups (sadly we lost one of our warrior princesses )  we are coming to a hard point where we have exhausted all our credit and loan options. I don’t even want to think about putting her to sleep after the fight she has been fighting. So please consider donating and sharing this and if you can’t please pray for us, anything helps! This really would mean the world to us and Juliet. Thank you for taking time to read our story.

Donations

  • C Flora 
    • $10 
    • 21 mos
  • Debbie Kim 
    • $50 
    • 22 mos
  • Josalyn Samson 
    • $600 
    • 22 mos
  • Michele Packer 
    • $18 
    • 22 mos
  • Layne Progar 
    • $50 
    • 22 mos
See all

Organizer

Ana Kimberly Rose 
Organizer
Simi Valley, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more