Hi. Khrys here. Over the years, I've reached out to you for financial support for my loved ones or when I was unable to work due to disability. You've always been so kind and generous; and I hate to come back to everyone for support. But it is what it is.
I have been dealing with a lot over the past two years. Most of you know that I left corporate three years ago, at the time, I had two nesting partners who promised to help support me as I built my business. One partner had hoped to financially invest in the home for repairs and improvement but was unable to meet that goal due to personal issues and the other partner has recently moved out leaving me in a situation where I'm having to support this 2,500 sq ft home all on my own.
I've lived in this gorgeous home for nearly 20 years. I've raised my family here and just kept to myself most of the time since my neighbors don't really fit my mold. Recently, one neighbor has determined that my style of living is a hinderance on her property value and has resorted to contacting the city to complain about me. Some complaints have been dismissed, and some complaints have had citations issues. I've been working for over a month to meet the citations requirements and have spent thousands on the repairs and yard work.
This week, I received another warning from another department in the city stating that the sidewalks are unsafe and need to be replaced. Based on my understanding, this repair can cost between $5,000-$6,000.
I met with the city inspector and he explained that just because I bought my house with the sidewalks in this condition, doesn't mean that I have been grandfathered in. So, I need to get quotes and get the work completed as soon as possible. If I can't get it done due to weather, the city will extend my deadline but only if I have a contractor hired and set to work when available.
It was suggested that I do a Kickstarter, so here I am.
You all know me. I've been working my ass off to make a living that feeds my soul and betters the world. I have hopes that once this home meets the city's standards, I'll be able to have gatherings, events, drumming circles, music and laughter in the air is the goal.
But all my money is gone! I had covid for 14 months. Lost a freelancing gig due to the pandemic that never came back. Then one week after I was considered in remission, I rolled off my curb (not due to the sidewalks) and fractured my ankle which had me out of commission until August. I have continued to work through all this issues but my savings is GONE!
I'm hoping that this Kickstarter will help me reach the financial goal to get my home repaired, and without any fines from the city placed on me. I am facing this beast head on and my hope is that you can help me out.
You want to keep reading???? - here's more detail....
* Mar 2020 C moved in with S, me & D (three community partners and myself) to create our little community. On her move in day, I was sick with Covid; but we didn't know yet.
* Apr 2020 - Pandemic began. D had to work from home, our financial budget was insane due to unexpected costs of being home working. I lost a freelancing gig and was on unemployment and C was furloughed.
* May 2020 - We got the emergency call and she drove 1,000 miles to bring one of C's teens from Illinois to be with us. Cost was $2,000
* June 2020 - S moved out (Loss of contribution income) & now we have a teen
*July 2020 - I invested in the office and began to build that cooperative. Cost was $2,000
* Aug 2020 - We were infested with bedbugs due to bringing in furniture from a neighbor who passed away. Cost was $3,000
* Sep 2020 - C needed an emergency surgery that had her unable to work for two months. (Loss of contribution income)
* Oct 2020 - Even though I had been working through Long Hauler Syndrome for months, I got hit with a relapse I didn't recover from for months.
* January 2021 - still suffering from Covid; I had to close the office I had invested in. $1,400 loss
* April 2021 - the vaccine finally kicked Covid's ass from attacking me
* May 2021 - Shit with D hit the fan & we had to get T to Iowa for a court hearing. Cost was $3,000
* June 2021 - I rolled off a curb and fractured my ankle. Cost me $1,000 out of pocket
* July 2021 - in an immobilization boot and extreme pain
* Aug 2021 - D moved out (loss of contribution income)
* Sept 2021 - had to fly to New Mexico and drive cross country to being my kid back east. Cost $1,000
* Oct 2021 - the neighbor filed a complaint with the city over my overgrown weeds after knowing that I had not been home for three weeks; which put me in the City's view for the first time in 18 years. I received the citation to repair by eom. We've been fixing, hauling, repairing and disposing of trash. Cost $1,500
* Nov 2021 - received notice about the sidewalk. As you can see - all my savings has been chipped chipped chipped away at.
And C is one week from graduation from her program that required her to focus on it full time for 10 weeks.
Plus - she needs another surgery after that.
You know what - you can't make this shit up!!!
Oh and for the record, the neighbor that called the City about me - she was witness to when I fell and cracked my ankle. My neighbors have never, and I mean never, knocked on my door to ask me if I was okay. They didn't even do a wellness check when I was gone for three weeks. They didn't contact me to check on me when D moved out or when S moved out.
Recently, the harassment is getting worse. They sit on the porch and watch me as I work in the yard. They allow their guests to park in front of my home blocking the spot in front of my door, yes it's on the street parking but they park away from the neighbors house in front of my door on purpose. They even confronted me while I was blowing leaves claiming the I was breaking the law because my leaf blower blew some leaves into the middle of the street. Ohhhh - and last winter, they called the cops when we shoveled during a blizzard and before the plows came around because we put two scoops of snow in the street. We had to go to court to fight the ticket and we won; but still it's all just intense.