Carl's the saloon has been a staple in the gay community in Reno for many generations. It is a home and mecca to the LGBTQ+ community, young and old. We've been supportive of many charitable organizations, such as: The Silver Dollar Court, Northern Nevada Hopes and Hopes Residency program and many more, including current work with the Harvest of Hope program.
Recently we've been struck with a tragic emergency where Carl's caught fire in the middle of business hours. We are overly thankful that no one was hurt or killed during the fire. Our bartender and Reno fire department bravely extinguished the blaze before too much damage could be done. However, the building is extremely old and if the damages are electrical or arson (which is our deepest fear), it would result in us having to remodel the entire property OR move locations.
We are looking for the community's support in a few ways:
- Our biggest priority is to make sure our staff gets paid.
- If we stay, the damages outside are to be estimated around $25,000.
- To redo the electrical on property would be another $20,000.
- We lost our entire cold inventory (16 kegs of beer plus extra).
- If we have to relocate, all funds will go towards new property with a kitchen and restocking lost inventory, as well as staffing.
- We are also looking for anything in the means of donation to help the bar, such as: beer donations, sponsoring a staff member, cleaning crew, etc.
- If we make more than what we expect, we would like to move on to a bigger venue to become more of a light in the community.
We are coming up with ways to thank the community for any support given during our time of need. The owner of the Saloon has put his entire life and inheritance into making this bar the staple in the community its always been. Anyone who has been inside would know all money made by this company goes back into the bar or into the community. Carl's The Saloon is a cornerstone of the community and needs to remains this way. Please help us in anyway you possibly can.
We would like to reopen as soon as possible, and if it was up to us we would be open today to serve all of you beautiful people.
Thank you so much for your time and generous support.
WE LOVE YOU ALLfacebook.com/carlssaloonreno