Save Au Domaine d’Adam

Laurent was a seasoned waiter, working an event with French police on the island of St. Martin. As the evening progressed, the event got out of hand. Laurent was picked up off of the ground and thrown into a pool, where the police officers would then proceed to jump onto him, breaking his back, and leaving him with a lifelong handicap to overcome. After 3 long years in therapy, Laurent walked away from the situation with a limp, and dependent of a cane for mobility. The French government settled his case, and he wished to use those funds to build a small resort in Costa Rica for LGBTQ naturists.

Laurent hired a contractor, and paid him in full and up front to build this resort. Upon 80% completion, the contractor would then request another $170,000 in additional funds to complete the remaining 20%. At this time, Laurent had exhausted his settlement funds on the original, agreed upon total cost. Laurent is currently retired, and was relying on this resort to be his source of income moving forward.

With only 2 months worth of income left to live off of, we are asking anyone who has even a small amount to contribute to help fund this completion of this project.  Providing as safe space for the LGBTQ community and allies to celebrate diversity is one of the main goals of this project.  We know that this is a difficult time for all of us and anything helps.  We look forward to celebrating with you all at Au Domaine d'Adam upon completion.  For more information about Laurent and his project, please visit the Au Domaine dAdam website or Laurent's Facebook Page.

Laurent sends his thanks for your time and contributions.


  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 7 mos
  • Donald Tarver 
    • $100 
    • 7 mos
  • Jean-Marie Soulyben 
    • $200 
    • 8 mos
  • Tom cirjak 
    • $100 
    • 8 mos
  • Rudy Jarmuszczak - Charotte 
    • $100 
    • 8 mos
See all

Fundraising team (2)

Paul Doty 
Arvada, CO
Katelyn Doty 
Team member
Raised $10 from 1 donation
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more