The vets gave her wormer and prescribed a bland soft diet. We were unable to give any of the special food because she is allergic to rice and took to the task of hand making her food every morning and night.
After the first week the blood in her stool got worse and her stool got small, she became dehydrated and extremely depressed. At the time my parents were watching her for us while we were out of town and she needed to be rushed to our vet. They gave her more fluids and stronger antibiotics. She did not get better she got worse. At this point we had spent 1000.00 in blood work and vet visits and drugs and xrays.
Because Trixie did not respond to the drugs and our vet could not figure out what was wrong with her, our vet said we needed to see an internist. The internist cost $680.00 and confirmed our worse fear, it was a tumor. The tumor was two inches and growing in the upper part of her colon. It needed to be removed.
Our vet called in a soft tissue specialist to do the surgery, but we needed to get an X-ray to confirm nothing had spread to her lungs. Lungs came back clear and we where all set for the $3,000.00 surgery. Durning the surgery she lost one of her kidneys because of the scare tissue that had formed around her colon, probably from when she was spayed. They were able to remove all the tumor and take part of the lymp node for testing.
We started the gofundme account to help us pay off the surgery cost. I skipped my newley refinanced mortgage payment to put down the deposit for the surgery. Trixie made it out of surgery only to find out 4 days later that the tumor was cancer, we weredevastated.
However, the test on the lymp node couldn't determine the type of cancer so we spent another $850.00 to have the tumor retested.
So here we are still waiting for the results so we can see if the cancer she has can be treated by chemo.
We short on funds. I recently took a pay cut at work and I am currently trying to sell off some of my belongings. I hate to beg, I really hate it and those of you that truley know me I don't take handouts I give them. But I am in a really bad bind.
Her Dad leaves for Afghanistan in October, if she needs Chemo which I have been told cost anywhere from 3k-6k to stay alive we will do everything we can so that she is still alive when he returns in a year.
If you can, help us out just a little bit anything helps.
This is my little girl, I love her and if I have to sell a kidney I will.
- Loriene G Ocampo
- Dana Peters
- Beignet Birtell
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more