If you prefer to read our campaign description in another language, please click the appropriate link:
Traditional Chinese Simplified Chinese Czech
Dutch German Italian Korean Russian Spanish Thai Turkish
The envelope icon to contact us is below on this page.
Virginia Satir, in her lifetime, touched the hearts of millions of people worldwide. She helped us understand the meaning of human connection. She helped us to understand the process of change, the power of understanding and the wisdom of compassion, for others and most importantly for ourselves.
Virginia would have been 100 years old on June 26th, 2016.
Please help us celebrate her birthday in three ways:
1. Send us a video by recording you or your group expressing your appreciation for how Virginia touched your life. Be sure to include your name and your country. Please keep your video to 60 seconds or less. If English is not your first language, please repeat your message in your own language.
Steps for sending an appreciation:
1) Upload your video to YouTube, marking it as unlisted or public
2) Copy your video's YouTube URL
3) Send the url to our organizer by clicking the Contact Button below (envelope icon)
4) Or write an appreciation and send it to our organizer by clicking the Contact Button below (envelope icon).
We will be posting your videos and written appreciations as updates.
2. Donate to our campaign. We ask you to donate so we can continue furthering Virginia’s teachings. Some of the ways we are currently doing this are by:
·sponsoring conferences, such as the upcoming one
honoring Virginia’s 100th birthday, Becoming More Fully Human: The Evolution
·co-sponsoring trainings for continuing education
·offering online education
·promoting trainings, books, articles and research through the weekly News Flash
·linking people, such as linking a Saudi Arabian author of the Arabic version of Satir’s The New Peoplemaking with a Jordanian professor who found a publisher for him.
3. Share our campaign with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter and by email.
Thank you for joining our campaign. Help us create 100,000 heart connections, and be part of bringing peace to the world by furthering the legacy of Virginia Satir!
DonationsSee top donations
- Debbie Reid
- Yung Tsang S M Grace
- Joyce Rauth-Fears
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more