Saskatoon Dog Rescue exists to help dogs and remote communities in and around Saskatchewan.
In the past 60 days, Saskatoon Dog Rescue has incurred $15,000+ in veterinarian fees, covering the medical costs of numerous dogs in our care. These procedures include (but are not limited to):
- enucleation (eye removal) and multiple pellet gun bullet removals ($2,000+) *pictured*
- surgical repairs for hit-n-run dog ($3,500+) *pictured*
- multiple puppy Parvo (life threatening) treatments and overnight monitoring ($3,300+)
- femoral head removal for unexpected growth in puppy ($2,200+) *pictured*
- entropian (eyelid) repair ($1,100+)
- severe food allergy trials ($1,500+)
- multiple tooth extractions ($1,700+)
As a Rescue, we believe Every Dog Deserves a Happy Tail. Our mission is to aid dogs in need, both after being surrendered to us, or taken into our care after our group aids a remote community in need who are battling over-population issues, lack of resources for vet care, or have feral dogs. We believe it our duty to give each dog the proper care and attention they need prior to putting them up for adoption, which means that the cost of care is on us.
Our organization is 100% volunteer based with no fixed costs for salaried employees or physical location. We pride ourselves on being a local option where truly every dollar raised goes directly to the dogs in our care and communties needing our aid.
With the previous 60-days of bills and pending rural community aid trip at the end of June, we are calling for help. The pandemic has haulted a lot of our fundraising efforts - but there are still dogs and communities in need in the province.
We are expecting to intake 70+ dogs by the end of the month, all with varying medical needs.
We appreciate all and any help our community can provide to us at this time.
- The Saskatoon Dog Rescue Board of Directors + Volunteer Members
DonationsSee top donations
- Abigail Unrau
- Tamara Allen
- Leah Knox
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more