Hi, I'm John Tahan, a Montreal, Quebec, Canada inventor introducing the SafeNDry Crutch BOOTS made to help crutches and cane users to overcome major challenges navigating the winter and wet conditions and transitioning to indoor dry floor surfaces with wet tips.
I'm reaching out to you with a story close to my heart – a story about winter, crutches, and an invention born out of necessity.
Winter, as beautiful as it is, can be a challenging time for crutch and cane users. The fear of slipping, the constant anxiety of hurting myself more – it became a daily struggle.
The Birth Of The SafeNDry Crutch BOOTS
The inception of SafeNDry Crutch Boots traces back to the winter of 2021-2022 in Montreal, Canada, a season etched in memory following a four-month period of navigating the challenges posed by crutches while recuperating from a leg injury, slipping and falling outside on December 26th, 2021. The winter conditions intensified the already intricate process of moving around with crutches, further complicated by the addition of a cast and walking boot.
To truly comprehend the hurdles faced by crutch-cane users during the winter season, one must experience it firsthand. The constant stress and anxiety associated with venturing outdoors for errands, always harboring the fear of slipping and exacerbating the existing injury, were palpable.
Recalling the initial night post-emergency room visit, the Uber ride home provided a temporary respite. Exiting the car near the hospital's entrance, devoid of snow, presented a manageable scenario. However, the real challenge unfolded as I traversed the snow-laden sidewalks towards my home, navigating cautiously to ensure each step was deliberate, focusing on the precise placement of the crutch tips.
Upon reaching the sanctuary of my home, a routine shake by the door to dislodge accumulated snow seemed innocuous at the time. Little did I anticipate the subsequent predicament. As I ventured into the living room, my crutch unexpectedly slid forward, causing a loss of balance that resulted in an unintended encounter with my coffee table. Fortunately, the table was constructed from wood and not glass, sparing me from a more serious mishap.
This incident served as a catalyst for change. Recognizing the urgent need to address the perilous situation faced by crutch users transitioning from outdoor winter conditions to indoor spaces, the concept of SafeNDry Crutch Boots was born. No longer willing to accept the inconvenience of meticulously removing snow, ice, and meticulously drying crutch tips before venturing indoors, the journey towards creating a practical solution commenced, (simple crutch-cane winter boots that you use outdoor and remove indoor). Out of adversity emerged innovation, giving rise to SafeNDry Crutch Boots – a testament to the transformative power of necessity and ingenuity.
SafeNDry Crutch Boots are not just protective covers; they're a solution. They shield your crutch tips from moisture, enhance traction on slippery surfaces, and eliminate the dangerous scenario of transitioning indoors with wet tips.
I proudly present SafeNDry Crutch Boots, a revolutionary solution designed to elevate the winter mobility experience for crutch and cane users. What sets SafeNDry apart is its unwavering commitment to addressing not just one, but multiple pain points faced by users in winter-wet conditions.
1. Superior Winter Traction: SafeNDry Crutch Boots boast an anti-slip rubber sole, providing users with unparalleled
stability and traction on snow-covered and wet surfaces. Move confidently, regardless of the weather conditions.
2. All-Weather Dry Tips: Our waterproof material ensures that crutch and cane tips remain dry in any winter-wet scenario. Say goodbye to frozen and hazardous tips, embracing safety and comfort with every step.
3. Seamless Indoor Transition: Unlike other products in the market, SafeNDry Crutch Boots go beyond outdoor traction. The innovative design eliminates the need to wipe or clean crutch tips when transitioning indoors. Simply remove the tiny boots, and you're ready to move safely on dry floors.
4. Time-Saving Convenience: No more struggling with removing snow, ice, and wiping crutch tips dry. SafeNDry Crutch Boots save precious time and energy, not to mention the fact that users also no longer need to clean puddles left behind by wet tips that haven’t been cleaned properly. SafenDry Crutch Boots offers a hassle-free solution for users on the go.
Each package includes a convenient clip-hook designed to effortlessly attach to the side holes of any crutch or cane, providing a secure and convenient way to suspend SafeNDry Crutch Boots. This allows users to run errands seamlessly in various indoor environments such as stores, malls, and pharmacies, where dry floor surfaces ensure optimal performance.
5. Comfortable and Secure Fit: Enjoy a snug fit with our secure combination of a zipper and Velcro closure system. The cushioned insides enhance comfort, ensuring an overall positive and comfortable crutch experience.
SafeNDry Crutch Boots by 2Clever – not just a product, but a comprehensive solution, redefining winter mobility for crutch and cane users with innovation, safety, and convenience at its core."
But here's where I need your help. GoFundMe isn't about rewards; it's about people coming together to support ideas that matter. Your donation can help bring SafeNDry Crutch Boots to life – a product that isn't just about convenience; it's about safety, confidence, and making a difference in the lives of those who need it.
Thank you for being part of this journey. Your support means the world to me and every crutch and cane user who will benefit from SafeNDry Crutch Boots.
Let's make winter safer for everyone. Thank you.
Funds will be used for:
- Order a large quantity from the manufacturer
- Order a size up to fit the remaining 10% of crutch-cane tips that are bigger than 1 3/4-inch diameter at the base
- Graphic design to improve packaging
- Hiring manufactuer sales reps to pitch the product to all pharmacies, hospitals, physio places, retail outlets, mobility assistive device companies, retirement homes and much more.
- Keeping a part of the funds for online marketing and social media marketing hiring influencers