Arrive in Kenya is working with NEH to build a facility to do two things:
1) For the women to be able to produce handmade products and then connect those products to a global market. And
2) To host volunteers who can work in the community, the local school, and hospital, while also training the women in topics ranging from personal finance to health practices.
For the women to be able to work, there needs to be a facility for them to work in with equipment, etc.
So while we are developing the products to sell and researching what products would be most viable in the US for the women to make we are also fundraising for the construction of a few buildings, which include:
1) A community center for the women to learn life skills in (personal finance, etc.), congregate with other community members, interact with our volunteers, and for volunteers to hang out.
2) A workshop for the women
3) A stockroom for supplies
4) A sanitary facility (restrooms and showers)
5) Dorms for volunteers to stay while doing outreach in the Maasai Community. - these volunteers will be teaching the above-mentioned life skills
6) Solar panels for the workshop to be powered
7) A small wifi tower that is necessary for processing orders, etc.
Meet the women in the link below: