Saving Bleu

Bleu Mallozzi was hit in the driveway of her own home by a delivery truck, the driver left the package at the door, but told no one of the accident. Bleu was later found lying injured in her yard by her owner, the driver basically left this beautiful dog to die. Accidents are tragic enough, not owning up to it or rendering help to the animal is just cruel. Angela Mallozzi is a dear friend of mine, her and her family are amazing, kind, and caring people who have always given back to their community and their church. I am asking today for anything to help aid in the cost of Bleu's vet expenses. Since the incident on March 8th, Bleu is now home but has been through surgery, and will need more, on top of an extended stay at a veterinary hospital. Anything helps! Please share, thankyou!
More details on Bleu's tragic incident, copied from Angela's Facebook:
On March 8th, someone driving down my driveway mercilessly hit my girl Bleu with a large vehicle and just left her laying in the yard with catastrophic injuries. My mom found her when she got home from work over an hour later, as my grandmother was unable to move her, and she couldn't move the back half of her body. Bleu is almost 120lbs so moving her, especially when she was injured, proved to be difficult. She was brought to the local vet where they determined that she had injured both back legs, had two fractures in her pelvis, as well as a diaphragmatic hernia. She was stabilized and brought to a specialty 24 hour vet where they decided that before they did any surgery she needed to be stabilized and put in an oxygen cage. Thursday morning the surgical team assessed her and they advised my parents that if she had surgery there was a good chance that she would not survive, as they were both at work, I drove straight to the vet to go see her before making the final decision between surgery and euthanasia. Her breathing was severely labored and she was not oxygenating. Initially I didn't want to put her through the pain but after talking to the surgeon I had a gut feeling that we needed to do the surgery. I made that decision, signed all of the paperwork, and went home while they prepped her for surgery. My mom left work and came to my house where we anxiously waited for the call. After several hours the vet finally called and said that she had survived the surgery and that her lungs did not appear to be too severely bruised. She still requires 24/7 care as she cannot roll over, sit up, stand, or walk on her own yet. She has a urinary catheter that needs to be drained every few hours and requires constant monitoring to make sure she doesn't attempt to stand up. We have to walk her around the house three times a day with the main support of a harness under her belly and hips to prevent her from putting much weight on her legs. As of right now, her legs are much to weak to support more than minimal weight.
  • Your 4 legged Herrmann cousins 
    • $100 
    • 63 mos
  • Angela Hollander 
    • $25 
    • 63 mos
  • Willow Kitty Cat 
    • $10 
    • 63 mos
  • Mary & Kevin Herrmann 
    • $100 
    • 63 mos
  • Lindsey Ross 
    • $30 
    • 63 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Sarahlynn Bocchino 
Vernon, NJ
Angela Mallozzi