Our dear friend Bernadette is sifting through emotional ashes today. After finding the strength to gather her daughter and leave a very bad relationship, she swiftly found her footing starting a new career and a condo to rent in Phoenix, Oregon. True brute strength is inside this woman and we rejoiced in her power.
Barely a week after moving into the condo, the Glendower Wildfire spread to their new town. Bernadette and Charlotte were safely up in Seattle while their condo and burned down to the foundation. Her renters insurance was only just activated this morning after the fire and we all know how insurance companies are... I honestly don't have any idea how this gorgeous bird is still standing tall, telling me she needs to be strong for her daughter. She is pressing forward as only the strongest parents do in times of deep crisis. We need to get them on their feet and keep them there through the month as her new job's start date was pushed back.
Ways you can help:
- Reach into your pockets, find what you can and help us get them to fly higher than ever before
- If you can't contribute, please share as you never know who might be able to help.
- Are you local? Check over this list of donated supplies we are gathering to replace what was lost.
- Are you better with Amazon? Here's her Wish List
- Zelle & Paypal: [email redacted]
- Venmo: @bernadette1147
- Scott & Michelle Harrison
- Sheena Singh
- Amanda Acosta
- Chance Jensen
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more