Thank you for taking a minute to consider helping out. My sister Ruth Pellek, brother-in-law Jason Staton, and their two young kids have been displaced by a fire that started between the two units in the duplex where they were renting as covered by the NJ Herald on Sunday.
The family is all safe and healthy, and we are all so thankful for the quick response of the neighbor who first called it in, the Police (especially Patrolmen Russell Post and Jose Morales!), Firefighters from the Newton, Andover, and Byram Fire Departments, and Newton First Aid Squad and Atlantic Ambulance who all responded. Our prayers go out to their upstairs neighbors who had to be rescued by the brave first responders.
Ruth, Jason, and her family are in temporary housing for the moment, and the outpouring for clothing, food, and other day-to-day items has been enomorous. Their next biggest priority is to find new housing, which is where you can make a big difference. Any amount you can spare to help with new deposits and various furnishings or housewares would be much appreciated!
DonationsSee top donations
- Ryan Felsen
- John Ostrander
- Frank Malpica
- Roberta Rush
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more