Hey Folks -
Our dear friend Robin Mims needs our help. Many of us know Mimsy as a longtime mentor and generous friend. Two weeks ago, Mimsy and her family lost their home in the fires in the Mark West area of Santa Rosa, and she and her family are unable to return home for the foreseeable future. As a result, Mimsy and her family are basically starting over from scratch. Since the fires in Sonoma, Mimsy's extended family of friends has reached out asking what we can do to help. So we are setting up this campaign to help Mimsy and her family get resettled in this tough time. Anything anyone wishes to contribute is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks to you all.
Update: The GoFundMe site is making certain the campaigns for fire victims are legit, so I got an email asking for some identifiers to be added to the story.
1) Robin and her family are doing OK. She has found an apartment in Sonona County since her old home area will be uninhabitable for quite a while.
2) I (Kofi Johnson in Oakland CA) started this campaign since so many of Robin's friends had reached out asking what they could do to help. Like me, most of us know Robin through working with her in the healthcare industry in the Bay area over the last 2-3 decades.
3) The money donated will be used for Robin to resettle and purchase all the basics of home life (furniture, dishes, clothes) since they lost basically everything in the fire. Because the fire came through the Mark West area of Santa Rosa so quickly, they left home with little warning, and were able to take virtually nothing of value with them.
4) The money donated is going DIRECTLY to Robin. This will enable her to get started on rebuilding her life and get settled.
5) Robin is fully aware of the campaign, and has been asking me for folks' addresses in order to send thank you cards. Some of the addresses we had; for others, Robin will likely be texting or calling directly to say thanks.
6) Thanks again to eveyone who donated!
DonationsSee top donations
- Anne Casey
- Veena Dhaliwal
- Theresa Clarke
- Yeeling Wu
- Patricia Stanton
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more