Riley made it through surgery it was over 5 hours. Her mass was bigger than a baseball. She did have some bruising and swelling on her brain from all the pressure now that the mass is all gone her brain shound be ok. They did take her eye but we did know that. We still need the funds to get Riley out of the hospital when she is ready we are hoping by Monday
Today is the big surgery day The surgery should be anywhere from 3-5 long depending on what is going on once they open her up. She will have her doctor the neurologist and oncologist and also the vet techs with her lots of hands helping her out today. Riley will be at the hospital for 3-6 nights depending on how she is doing. We are aloud to visit her thank goodness. I had a good talk and cry with Riley There are so many people praying, loving her and fighting for her today. She can do this she is so strong and God is watching over her. Thank you so very much for helping our girl.
Update as of today: Riley‘s tumor is spreading more through her head very quickly then the specialist thought. Some type of swelling is going through to the other side of her good side by her Eye. This is happening very fast so her surgery is going to be this Friday the 16th instead of next week we cannot wait any longer she needs this to be done soon so Riley will be getting dropped off Friday morning. We definitely do not have enough money right now we have a deposit for Friday but we are hoping and praying with the go fund me account and the fun raiser that is happening this Sunday that the funds will be there. If you cannot donate please share this post so we can get the word out without the surgery Riley is definitely not going to make it please help her out.
Riley is our 8 year old boxer that we recently rescued from an abusive home. We have found out that Riley has bone cancer of the skull mlo. Riley will not only need the tumor removed but possibly will loose her eye and need reconstructive surgery. For the first time in Riley’s life she has a home where she is loved. Madison and Riley have become best friends and do not want to put her threw the loss of another pet. If you can not give we just ask for a prayer.
Update: thank you so much for those of you that have donated and shared this page. Riley had her CT scan done and now we are raising towards her surgery. We are having a fundraiser for Riley Sunday February 18th to help with the surgery. We did schedule a surgery date for Riley February 21. Her specialist said she needs to have this done ASAP the tumor is growing fast. Thank you all so much for helping our Riley it means so much.